2020 Inappropriate Host Competition

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The humour is genius - it draws attention. So while it is tongue in cheek it is also a backhanded compliment in a way. It should make you feel uncomfortable and it should outrage - but it also ok to see the absurdity.

Anyhow - here is Baron's entry -

lille2024a.jpg

As for issues with Mumbai it is no worse than the last comp and I find a "realistic" fantasy bid proposing a 90,000 seat stadium in a city that has no use for its existing 40,000 seat one more offensive.

Not everyone likes black humour, but lets face it: black humour exist and everybody already laughed once of some kind of black humour, even me.

Ok i just wanna point out, that me for example, i was born i a not so "rich or developed" country, not either in the capital of my country... I just think this competition is about having a little of fun but not going so far... As i've said, i totally respect Nicaragua i just choose them cuz is something you will hardly imagine, not cuz i have something against them... In fact we (GUA-NIC) are all Latins! And all Latins must be together! Somos latinos todos muchá! ;) still...managua was the most apropiate (inappropiate) choice for me ;)

By the way, does its allowed to post more than one candidate or entry?

lille2024a.jpg

As for issues with Mumbai it is no worse than the last comp and I find a "realistic" fantasy bid proposing a 90,000 seat stadium in a city that has no use for its existing 40,000 seat one more offensive.

That reminds me of Marie Antoinette :P

The humour is genius - it draws attention. So while it is tongue in cheek it is also a backhanded compliment in a way. It should make you feel uncomfortable and it should outrage - but it also ok to see the absurdity.

lille2024a.jpg

I don't understand how people can find others dying and slums "funny"

It sounds disgusting, mayeb i grew up with morals and empathy, i think its wrong to laugh at fake bids in cities where yes the infrastructure is appaling, its not funny when people die or a mascot that is poo.

Just shows how disgusting some people really can be.

It sounds disgusting, mayeb i grew up with morals and empathy, i think its wrong to laugh at fake bids in cities where yes the infrastructure is appaling, its not funny when people die or a mascot that is poo.

Get with it. It's a "black humor" contest. U don't have to go to a Monty Python or Muppets movie showing near you if u don't want to, do you? :rolleyes:

you're right. we should just go back to ignoring it since it's in bad taste. i don't find it all that funny either. i find it sobering, maybe a little wry. that doesn't make it any less appropriate for an inappropriate bid competition.

with that said, i'll be looking for the lighter side of cancer and radiation poisoning this evening when i post my application.

FUK-US-illustration-poster.jpg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TOMIOKA, Japan -- In an effort to revive a once prosperous economy following a slight nuclear kerfuffle last year, the 20 km exclusion zone around the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is launching a bid for the 2020 Olympic Games under the umbrella FUKUSHIMA 2020.

"We're really pumped about this bid. The opportunity to host the Olympic Games just floods us with radiant joy," said Yoshi Mikimoto, head of the Fukushima 2020 bid whose name combines the first two Japanese names I could think of after Yoko Ono. "FUKUSHIMA 2020 will bring prosperity, peace, and just enough thyroid cancer to make it really daring."

In contrast to many modern Olympic bids, a recent poll of current exclusion zone residents found no objections to the bid.

"Japan knows of no harmful side-effects of exposure to crippling levels of radiation. In fact, didn't you see the Hulk? I guess not, but Edward Norton got totally buff off it, so, you know, just saying."

The cornerstone of the bid will be a revitalized Fukushima stadium super complex on the site of the old Fukushima reactor featuring a 90,000 seat stadium, concert hall, and state of the art shopping mall with sexy hazmat suits and delicious locally-sourced sushi.

A map of proposed venues can be found below.

badjokes.png

FUKcircle500.jpg

ps: when you want graphics done right around here, you got to go to the pros, so you all know who to thank for the great posters. and there's more to come.

attention, ladies and drag queens. FUKUSHIMA 2020, yoshi mikimoto and your wild-style FUK/JAP bid crew (read: me + paul on weekends) are semi excited, somewhat meh about introducing TWO GROUNDBREAKING ANNOUNCEMENTS. first we offer to you, our beautiful voting public and indifferent probably drunk australian report compiler, the newest member of our team: FUKI!

cute500poster.jpg?t=1328064178

FUKI is a mutant half bear half gerbil kind of thing--well maybe it's like 75 percent bear, it's supposed to be a bear, right paul?--with discolored bright blue skin and giant dialated pupils caused by years of sushi-induced mercury posioning, radiation exposure, and japanese tap water, which has severely limited his cognitive and verbal abilities putting him somewhere on the international IQ scale between faster and an eggplant (no offense to the eggplant). pretty much he just sits there and drools over the lamest hollywood movies while talking endless smack about how awful the united states is and regurgitates wikipedia facts with a smug grin on his stupid god damn face. so, a lot like faster, actually.

please help me welcome FUKI with open hearts, as if we win FUKI and all the great FUK/JAP designs you know and love will be getting a cafe press store with real live merch like coffee mugs and novelty beach towels and sports bras for sale (and a 40/40 proceed split for krow/paul, plus 20 percent or whatever for real life japan relief or something altrustic that will make you want to buy and vote FUK/JAP) as soon as i get the ok from paul that this won't be infringing any major copyrights in north america. and even then, maybe. we will risk a six-figure lawsuit for your fleeting FUK/JAP laffs!

and you're not going to believe this but there's more to come!!!! maybe even a funny joke? no, don't get greedy. but more cool graphics. including this awesome black and white one with a kimono that is so hot, you're going to shake your wrist a few times and bulge your eyes a bit and turn to your friend like you do in the club when someone superhot you know you have no chance with walks by. "hey can i buy you a ..... drink, oh okay you're going over there with your gorgeous friends, that's cool, maybe i'll see you on the floor, maybe in line for the bathroom and you'll shoot me a withering look that's like "um i've had sex with sit-com stars, so who are you again?"

Archived