GamesBids.com Forums SECOND Community Podcast

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be joining?

• I'm in!
    • I'll try!

Due to the interest received as a result of our Podcast last week, I have scheduled a second one...

Tuesday, January 10th at 19:00 GMT/UTC (2pm EST North America) - Find it here

We will discuss the early stages of the 2020 bids - focusing in on their chances of making the shortlist.

If you can join, please leave a note below so we have an idea of how many people we'll get. But don't worry, anyone can join it, there are no restrictions.

There is a bit of a technical curve to overcome to join as we learned on the last call but rest assured - it can be easily accomplished. You are advised to visit the link in advance to install what you need (it's fast and free). The call will open 15 minutes in advance to set things up.

For tips and screenshots, visit the thread for our previous call here.

Instructions on how to call in with "ShoePhone", the free recommended way to connect, go to this link BEFORE the podcast. The download link is to the right side of the screen. You can also call the phone number listed on the Podcast homepage to join in (it's a U.S. based number).

Any other questions, please post below.

I hope many of you can join in this time!

This is the link to the PodCast home page

I cant patricipate... Sorry i'll be in road from Geneva Lake to O'Hare... :S in fact tomorrow i wont be so active in the forum i'll get my flight to Houston... (there are not direct flights from Guatemala to Chicago :S) i'll participate FOR REALS in the 3rd one...

Will be 8am here on Wednesday, i start work at 7 so wont be able to participate

I thought it was 8am in Sydney, but after seeing your reply I just recalculated. It's at 6am in Sydney.

Hmmm. Usually just getting out of bed at that time. I'll see how lucid I am.

Will you be able to participate by text like during the last podcast? Do you have to download the software to do that?

U asking me? You just click on the talkshoe link that Moderator gave out. THe mikes didn't work then but hopefully they will work this time. In any case, I am still so stuffed up from my present cold that it will be difficult for me to talk anyway.

Yes - it will open 15 minutes ahead for those who want to test their setup.

During the podcast there is an "ask a question" button. Clicking that alerts me that you have something to say.

I'm looking at spending 30 minutes discussing 2020 bids and perhaps another 30 discussing the You Olympics and its coverage.

bildschirmfoto20120110uy.png

I installed the program - and I am using Safari, but the error message (in German with the finder logo) mentions that this pjsua.macosx can't be opened since the Power PCprograms are not supported anymore - I restarted my Mac after I made sure that Skype wasn't started anymore - and I dropped down my firewall - nothing helped...

In a forum I read that this problem with pjsua.macosx may be a result of an old software in the download, but I installed the program just last week - and this post in the forum was from 2010/2009....

Archived