200 days to go

I would agree with the Olympic Stadium, although we are yet to see the full finish of the London stadium, but the London Aquatics centre is absolutely stunning. I am gutted it has to have those awful wings but if you take a look at the quality of the interior in the Aquatics thread and look at the plans for what it will look like in legacy mode I think it easily surpasses the Water Cube architecturally. Zaha Hadid is a genius.

I would love London to do well I think my comments sound to negative. London is the next best thing (besides a USA/Canada games) for a Canadian viewer. The swimming venue is a joke its a disaster.

The birds nest was fun to watch being build, and dramatic at times during the games, but has lost all it's glow and in retrospect seems overdone and cumbersome at best, wasn't there a plan to make it a shopping mall? What is the water cube now, is it still going to be a watermark? London is going to shine and shine through the years, no dodgy pretense or propaganda. I expect sport and real people to shine, and the most beautiful velodrome ever built.

Venues, Ceremonies that's pretty much it.

I do believe London though will be up there as one of the greatest games ever.

I agree. The Bird's Nest and Water Cube are some of my all-time favourite venues, and the Beijing ceremonies was pretty cool in its own way. But I expect London to stamp their mark on Olympic ceremony history through their own originality. And the atmosphere should be top notch. London is already arguably the most electric city in the world, even without the Olympics.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived