200 days to go

It's crazy - only 200 days to go until the day of the opening ceremony in London!!!

I am looking forward to it soooo much - "London 2012" will become my first Olympic Games which I will see live (and I am watching Olympic Games since Sarajevo 1984 regularly on TV)

... it's time for London now!!!

:) :) :)

No first, it is time for the 1st ever Winter Youth Olympic Games!!! Innsbruck 2012 ... an event which will share the true olympic spirit ;)

After that (January 22nd), we will only focus on the 2010 London Olympic & Paralympic Games...

By the way, CAF, will you attend the Opening Ceremony in London in 200 days ????

Unless you're in Innsbruck, it's hard to get excited about a Games that has virtually no media or TV coverage.

I suspect the next landmark as far as LOCOG is concerned will be the six months to go, which is only a couple of weeks away. I wonder if they've anything planned for that.

Ooooo i hope i can go to London. On March is the big day. :D any ways one member of my family has one foot and a half in London... So anyways are the most inport olympics for all my family hope they are a gteat succes good luck London! ;)

The cabinet is due to meet later at the London Olympics site, to mark 200 days until the start of the Games.

It is the first get-together this year for David Cameron's senior ministers.

Several cabinet meetings have been held outside Downing Street in recent years including in Bradford and Glasgow.

The PM says the Games are set to provide a "lasting legacy". It comes as future operators for three more venues - the Aquatics Centre, handball arena and observation tower - are announced.

The future operators of six venues have now been secured and organisers say they are confident deals for the remaining two, the stadium and the media centre, will be signed ahead of the opening ceremony...

...Details of the new contracts for the three venues are to be set out by the Olympic Park Legacy Company.

It said the new operator of the Aquatics Centre hopes 800,000 people a year will make use of its facilities after the games. The handball arena will become London's third largest site for concerts, shows, exhibitions and sport events. The observation tower, the 115m (377ft) AccelorMittal Orbit, expects to attract up to a million visitors a year.

Will keep an eye out for the announcement.

Ooooo i hope i can go to London. On March is the big day. :D any ways one member of my family has one foot and a half in London... So anyways are the most inport olympics for all my family hope they are a gteat succes good luck London! ;)

Deawebo, we all adore you here on these forums, but I do have one request... I know that English is not your primary language... and it is somewhat difficult to understand what thoughts and ideas you are attempting to express sometimes. Perhaps you could utilize a site like Google translate to write in your primary language and then have Google translate to English. I know that the translation will not be perfect, but I do believe that it will be beneficial.

Deawebo, todos te adoramos aquí en estos foros, pero tengo una petición ... Yo sé que el Inglés no es su lengua materna ... y es algo difícil de entender los pensamientos y las ideas que están tratando de expresar a veces. Tal vez usted podría utilizar un sitio como Google Translate para escribir en su lengua materna y luego tener Google traducir al Inglés. Yo sé que la traducción no será perfecta, pero sí creo que será beneficioso.

Google translate

Not to be cynical but I do feel London will be a little disappointing compared to Beijing. However, I fully expect fan enthusiasm to make up for this.

Do you mean in terms of stadium and outstanding athlete performance? Because when you look at venues, I think the Bird's Nest and the Water Cube are 2 of the most amazing sporting venues and will be hard to be bettered my most Olympics. And then when you think of what Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps achieved, that is also kind of a once in a generation thing that happened.

On the account of atmosphere at venues and just the general feeling in and around London, that is where I think London might be better than Beijing.

Surely each Olympics have its plus and its negatives, each one is different, each one special, each one has its own memories. London will be different to Beijing, Rio will be different again, thats why we keep getting excited about the Olympics

Deawebo, we all adore you here on these forums, but I do have one request... I know that English is not your primary language... and it is somewhat difficult to understand what thoughts and ideas you are attempting to express sometimes. Perhaps you could utilize a site like Google translate to write in your primary language and then have

Google translate to English. I know that the translation will not be perfect, but I do believe that it will be beneficial.

Deawebo, todos te adoramos aquí en estos foros, pero

tengo una petición ... Yo sé que el Inglés no es su lengua materna ... y es algo difícil de entender los pensamientos y las ideas que están tratando de expresar a veces. Tal vez

usted podría utilizar un sitio como Google Translate para escribir en su lengua materna y luego tener Google traducir al Inglés. Yo sé que la traducción no será perfecta, pero sí creo que será beneficioso.

Google translate

yeap i know my english is not good at alll, but google translate is sometimes not so good, i mean spanish and english structure is not the same, i had already tryied it in the past and sonetimes it doesnt works so good. But i'll try using it... Or to write better... Thanks for the sugestion.

What part dif you didnt understand here in that post, i can explain it better.

Sonetimes the mistakes are made by my iphone which has that auto-correction in spanish :P

Well... London is not gonna be so spectacular like Beijing, but China wanted to show they are an economic powerhouse and that the had host the most impressive olympics ever, China wanted to show that. UK doesnt needs that they are the UK and they dont need to show their power, we all now their power. London is the world's 2nd most important city so they dont need to prove anything...

Venues, Ceremonies that's pretty much it.

I do believe London though will be up there as one of the greatest games ever.

I expect the ceremonies to be better than Beijing, maybe I am hoping for too much. If there is one thing we do well at in this country and that's putting on a show.

I would also disagree with the venues. Beijing had some huge iconic venues but aside form the big 2 there was no real contrast in venues. London has Wimbledon, the Dome, Horseguards, Eton Dorney, all of these venues are incredibly impressive venues. Nobody would compare the birds nest with the London Olympic Stadium but I do feel that the London stadium offers a different Olympic experience and in direct contrast to the Beijing games. Architecturally I much prefer the London Aquatics Centre to the Water Cube. It is just a shame that those wings have to remain during games mode. However, after the games we will have one of the most iconic Aquatics venues anywhere in the world. It really will look stunning and I can't wait for her to be fully unveiled. I also think that much of the Beijing venues were lost because they had a rather bleak looking backdrop to them. I believe the London venues will have an added edge when set against the Olympic Park and other landmarks around London. I have had my negative moments with London 2012 but now we are on the home straight and I can see what has been acheieved I have never been prouder of my home city.

I would certainly have agreed with the ceremonies prediction a few weeks ago. We'll see what difference the big budget increase announced a month or so makes though.

Venue wise, Lee has said all that needs to be said as far as I'm concerned. Taken across the board I think London's venues are better than Beijing's but the set-piece staritechture of two or three of their venues is beyond what London has done.

I still think London will come across more like Sydney than any other recent Games (though I didn't attend Sydney and will London, so I won't be able to directly compare). Whether you think that's better than Beijing or not depends on what you're looking for I guess.

The main stadium, swimming venue etc. in Beijing were better then what London is proposing.

I would agree with the Olympic Stadium, although we are yet to see the full finish of the London stadium, but the London Aquatics centre is absolutely stunning. I am gutted it has to have those awful wings but if you take a look at the quality of the interior in the Aquatics thread and look at the plans for what it will look like in legacy mode I think it easily surpasses the Water Cube architecturally. Zaha Hadid is a genius.

Archived