Madrid 2020 bid logo and website

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After make a quick visit to the website, so far, the website is the best among others... Tokyo... I don't know why, but they just put the japanese version there, there is no english version, how could that attract international audience ? Baku... simple... for me it's to simple... maybe their website would be a good ones for 2008 race... and Madrid, best so far :

i think the problem is color...i try to change a little bid..i think it look awesome :)

madrid.jpg

Madrid2020CiudadAspirantelogo.jpg

i think the new one (afiq nadzir's) far better than the original one!good job afiqnadzir!i really love the font and m20 is clear compare to the original one!you should post it to madrid games bid comite!but the colour still can be improve.

This is the best that they got of the design competition? Even the "foot" logo is better than that. Paul could have done better. If not elected, Madrid will at least get the title of ugliest logo between the candidates in three consecutive elections.

Athan your profile pict, the winner contest, i think it's a great logo, why they don't pick this as their official logo ? It's could be represent the smiles of Madriditas and Spanish :)

It was just a contest run to encourage the city officials to bid again for 2020 after the defeat against Rio... although I guess the Official Architect College of Madrid would have been happy if the bid had adopted their logo :lol:

Let me show you one of the finalists, the logo designed by Montse Carné:

428669_377014048982084_100000204762069_1748596_401293069_n.jpg

It depicts the fruit of the strawberry tree (I don't know if that's the correct name in English... it's the tree that appears on the coat of arms of Madrid, called "madroño" in Spanish). According to the author, the tree is the basis over which Madrid was founded, and now it's also the basis over which the Madrid Olympics will be built. The thorns of the fruit symbolize the competitive spirit of the athletes, but that's just the external layer. On the inside, it's sweet, symbol of the unity and the ties of friendship between them.

Let me show you one of the finalists, the logo designed by Montse Carné:

428669_377014048982084_100000204762069_1748596_401293069_n.jpg

It depicts the fruit of the strawberry tree (I don't know if that's the correct name in English... it's the tree that appears on the coat of arms of Madrid, called "madroño" in Spanish). According to the author, the tree is the basis over which Madrid was founded, and now it's also the basis over which the Madrid Olympics will be built. The thorns of the fruit symbolize the competitive spirit of the athletes, but that's just the external layer. On the inside, it's sweet, symbol of the unity and the ties of friendship between them.

And where is the other one ? Could you show us ? IMHO this thing, is worse than the winner, no wonder why they just the winner :)

By the way, how you found this one athan ? Is it posted somewhere in spanish website ? I'll try to google.... :)

I was reading a website from a design college criticizing the changes made on the original logo and it seems one of those who had commented the story was this girl, Montse Carné. She said she wouldn't have liked her logo to be changed that way and she posted the image above for the rest of the people too see it. I found the website by chance but I can't remember the address and I can't find it in my browsing history either :unsure:

Embarrasing if the logo says "madríd 20020" and not "madrid 2020". Much more embarrasing if it's a plagiarism of a mascot of a company that sells homosexual dolls :D Well, at least, everybody talks about Madrid's bid those days...

Same as for 2016, when there were lots of companies also using a hand saying Madrid had plagarized their logos...

BTW, how can a doll be homosexual? :wacko::P

Same as for 2016, when there were lots of companies also using a hand saying Madrid had plagarized their logos...

BTW, how can a doll be homosexual? :wacko::P

http://www.lavanguardia.com/deportes/20120131/54247816830/acusan-plagio-logo-madrid-2020.html It was Google translate...

Munich 2018 had also some problems with plagiarism (I think it was a law firm from Berlin...).

Macaisa, la empresa que fabrica muñecos gays

Hmmm, by only tiping this on Google translate it says "the company that makes dolls gay" :lol:

Archived