Madrid 2020 bid logo and website

:lol: :lol: We all have to learn to look on the bright side of things, don't we? :rolleyes:

Definitely there's something wrong with the official logo. Either the colours or the m20/20020 or both or whatever, but there's something out of place that makes the logo look strange.

sorry athans, i really try to like it but i cant... looks like a dropped icecream tower, a macaroon pack and spongecake desert, but cant f,nd anything simiilar to madrid ...

its not about the colours, its all about itself :D

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I think this is the first time a foreign bid logo launch has ever made news in the UK!

http://www.telegraph..._medium=twitter

Nice to see that The Telegraph read GamesBids....

GamesBids...

"According to reports, the designer of the logo intended the script to show "M20" but when officials modified the logo they trimmed the bottom of the script, causing the visual confusion."

The Telegraph wrote...

"Reports said he had intended the script to say M20 but when officials modified the logo they trimmed the bottom of the design leading to the visual confusion."

I am going to put money down now and say that the Madrid bid committee will modify the logo in the next coming weeks because the M20 20020 will gain so much chatter and confusion that they will have to change at least that part. Remember this is something going out globally and you won't have a chance to constantly explain that it isn't 20020 but M20 so I really feel we will see an upgraded version soon. Having said that I find it majorly disappointing.

sorry athans, i really try to like it but i cant... looks like a dropped icecream tower, a macaroon pack and spongecake desert, but cant f,nd anything simiilar to madrid ...

its not about the colours, its all about itself :D

you totally hit the nail on the head.

395115712_252475fe44.jpg

That should be the logo for the next Miss Universe Competition...

afiqnadzir, you certainly made the font better, and it goes with the logo.

If they gave you the original winner's logo, how would you change it afiqnadzir?

Just to annoy people and keep this off-topic - just noticed your new profile pic ... brilliant!

the avatar or the signature? love the avatar. he did a brilliant job with my sketchy directions.

i asked for -- get this, something... sexy.

Archived