Madrid 2020 bid logo and website

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So which is the approved logo of Madrid 2020? Now I am confused :wacko:

Btw the first one in the post of Athan is the way better than the second with 20020 on it

The official logo is the one I posted on the right, the one with the round shapes ;)

And, for those of you who have twitter, I'm not sure but I think I've read somewhere the official twitter account of the bid is @Madrid202O.

That's @Madrid202O with an "O" at the end - not zero. Be careful @Madrid2020 with two zeros is something else. What's with the confusing zero's and Madrid?

That's @Madrid202O with an "O" at the end - not zero. Be careful @Madrid2020 with two zeros is something else. What's with the confusing zero's and Madrid?

Yes, that's it. It's an "O" at the end. It appears they're trying to get something easier like @Madrid2020 or @Madrid_2020, but until then they're using 202O.

I'm also reading they may change the dot over the "i" on the logo to make it look more like a dot and less like an accent. Perfect!

-how about madrid2020 website?any news?

The website should be launched during the next hours. I caught a brief glimpse of it an hour ago watching the news on TV and it seemed it looked nice :rolleyes:

They just cut off the finger tips from the 2016 logo, and added some swirls to it! :lol:

I prefer the original submission, but think they did fine with changing the font. It is hard to see the "M" and "20" in the newer version.

It also reminds me a bit of the NBC logo, so they might be trying to stir subliminal messages of dollars signs to the IOC as well. :lol:

Anyway, my expectations for Madrid's logo were low, and they totally fulfilled my expectations. ;)

@Madrid202O may be an unofficial twitter account! There are some doubts about it on several Spanish websites...

I don't know what's going on with the official website, perhaps they're waiting untill 20:20 to launch it, but the links to their official Facebook/twitter/etc accounts should be there.

dear, can i call u Pollyanna from now*? :D

:lol: :lol: We all have to learn to look on the bright side of things, don't we? :rolleyes:

i think the problem is color...i try to change a little bid..i think it look awesome :)

Definitely there's something wrong with the official logo. Either the colours or the m20/20020 or both or whatever, but there's something out of place that makes the logo look strange.

Archived