Madrid 2020 bid logo and website

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love madrid logo on your profile pic..its look 2020

^_^ It was the winner of an unofficial contest run by the Official Architect College of Madrid. The one in my signature was part of the runner up.

Here's a better image of the logo, but still not perfect:

logomadrid2020.jpg

these 5 logo(in circle) is my favourite

20080814-logosMadrid2016.jpg

-did they will show all the design from contestant?

I remember I voted for the first two logos you've circled. The second one had a special touch of Miró/Picasso which would have been quite interesting, and taking into account it just was a preliminary version, Madrid could have had a unique logo for the 2016 bid. The last one was disqualified because of plagiarism...

Regarding the 2020 logo, I don't think they will officially show the other two finalists, but they may be leaked somewhere :P As far as I know, the designers were both women (Montse Carné from Málaga and Miriam de Jesús from Granada), and that's all.

The website (http://www.madrid2020.es) will start working this evening. They have said it will be "accessible, multimedia and participatory".

I can understand many people don't like the logo, even here in Spain it has already been hardly criticized. It appears that it looks like flipflops, that it spells '20020' instead of 'm20' and 'Madríd' (ortographically incorrect) instead of 'Madrid' or that it's the hand from 2016 that has only the fingers or the knuckles left due to the economic crisis... I also think there are too many colours. One of the things I liked the most about the logo for 2012 was its simplicity. Anyway, don't panic, London 2012's logo didn't have many supporters at the beginning either... and this is just a bid logo, if Madrid is awarded the Olympics, we'll have a brand new one by then :lol:

Do you really liked Madrid 2012's one? :o

For Madrid, yes, 2012 logo is very simple, yet it's really Spanish :), so 2012 is the best logo for Madrid bid logo, and actually, it also the best race for Madrid, if only 'that person' push the Madrid button instead of Paris, then London will be head to head with Madrid at the final round, and many people believe Madrid would beat London for 2012 :)

yeah..madrid done a great job on 2012 bid logo..it simple and very spanish....2012 bid have the most interesting bid logo...from paris,nyc,madrid and moscow

but the best one is chicago2016 (torch) bid logo..it look modern and simple shape,but lot of meaning..also the color make it stunning

I don't like it..it's too hard to figure out that it's m20 and not 20020 when you first look at it. But whateva, I guess this is the logo they picked.

Appaarently this is the original design according to a bunch of Spanish twitter users..

https://twitter.com/#!/MariaMaza1/status/163949142924726272/photo/1/large

No wonder Madrid can't win. They always leave out the "black" color in all their presentations. I remember in the 2016 visits, there was a clip showing the Evaluation team visiting like the Madrid 2016 offices and there was a series of bears outside in red, yellow, blue, green AND white. But no black bear? Here they are again, leaving out 'black'? Is there some subliminal message here? I don't like this logo. It's kinda corny.

That's it. I've just read it on a newspaper. That should be the bid logo. None of the things that have been criticized of the official logo (flipflops, 20020, Madríd...) appear on what the designer, Luis Peiret, sent to the contest. Peiret has said he is happy that the bid committee has chosen his design, but he has made it very clear that this is not his logo, just his idea.

Judge for yourselves. I haven't read a single comment on the internet against the original design. It is true, on the other hand, that the contest rules said from the beginning that the winning design would probably be improved, but this logo has not been improved, it has been totally changed!

1327929130_1.jpglogo-Madrid_TL5IMA20120130_0114_30.jpg

I also want to stick up for the final official version. The font (leaving aside the confusing accent) and the brightness of the colours are much better than in the original, although I don't know why they decided to change the colour order. Also, the logo can now be used to create crowns or fans to support the bid, just like those big hands for 2016.

Archived