Madrid 2020 bid logo and website

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://aroundthering...w.aspx?id=38899

AROUND THE RINGS reports that Madrid will launch its bid logo and website very soon. Since I'm not an aroundtherings.com subscriber, I don't no more about it.

What do you think? Will it be a foot this time laugh.gif? And how do you feel about Madrid's 2012 and 2016 bid logos?

ATR

Logo Launch Close for Madrid

Madrid 2020's new international media chief Sandra Serrano tells ATR that the Spanish bid's logo and website will be unveiled in a few weeks

Bid president and Spanish NOC leader Alejandro Blanco and the city's new mayor, Ana Botella, will announce the winner of the three finalist logos that were shortlisted following a national competition. Victor Sanchez, CEO of Madrid 2020, will be among other key bid figures at the press conference.

Serrano said Madrid 2020 started work in new offices on Jan. 2. The offices are located in the Palacio de Cañete, in the middle of the city's historic district, meters away from the Puerta del Sol.

Madrid 2020 is expanding its communications team; it will be five-strong by next week.

Joining Serrano are Alfonso Rodríguez de Sadia, the marketing and communications director. Manuel Cobo is responsible for local media. Two more staff will be added to the comms team next week.

http://aroundthering...w.aspx?id=38899

AROUND THE RINGS reports that Madrid will launch its bid logo and website very soon. Since I'm not an aroundtherings.com subscriber, I don't no more about it.

What do you think? Will it be a foot this time laugh.gif? And how do you feel about Madrid's 2012 and 2016 bid logos?

Foot? Like this?

Madrid+2020+2.jpg

I guess the logo has already been choosen, but they are keeping it secretly, or maybe if the dont, they will choose it secretly...

According to SwissO's post, Madrid has at least shortlisted the logo yet. But it's very likely, that they just may have chosen the logo to have enough time left to design their website and the mini bid book. Since the students participating in the contest have the chance to gain 6,000€, they could have done a good job laugh.gif. The only thing we know about the logo yet is that it will be better than the one of 2012...

Athans, for 2016 logo, we could choose the logo for the competition, would for the 2020 the competition be public base again ? or it will be closed competition ?

I think they will choose the logo internally but as the contest is being carried out so secretly, it's difficult to assure anything.

The only thing we know about the logo yet is that it will be better than the one of 2012...

Well, I actually liked the logo for 2012. I think it was much better than the one for 2016 ;)

OK, at last I know what's going on with the logo.

The deadline was never made public but the contest is already closed. Earlier this week, 3 finalists were chosen, although they're not expected to be made public either. At the end of this month, the winning design will be unveiled. However, it will probably be like for 2016. What we'll be shown will be a preliminary version of the logo that may need to undergo a redesign. What has been said about the logo so far is that it will "represent the spirit of the city, taking inspiration from historical, geographical or cultural features".

Doesn't sound really professional...

Yes, well, that's as far as I know. Maybe it was made public but I can't find anything about the contest apart from the requirements and the prize. I guess that, since it wasn't open to everyone, they just opted to inform the possible entrants of the details... :rolleyes:

Archived