GamesBids.com Forums FIRST Community Podcast

Will you be joining/listening to the podcast?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be joining/listening to the podcast?

• Yes - and I will participate
    • Yes - but I can only listen and/or text chat
    • No - the time is bad
    • No - I'm not interested
    • I will try but not sure if I can

GamesBids.com Forums will be hosting the first-ever community podcast, allowing our members to discuss specific topics live. This first show will be promoted only to forums members as a trial so it will be a close, recognizable group on the call. Our first topic will be:

The GamesBids.com Top 10 Olympic bid stories of 2011 - what do you think?

Come with your questions, thoughts or alternate suggestions.

The show is scheduled for:

Thursday, January 5th at 19:00 GMT/UTC (2pm North America EST) for 30 minutes. I realize that this will NOT be good for everyone - This show is geared for the European audience to start but will be moved around in the future to accomodate other people.

To join, you need to go to http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/115158 and follow instructions. I recommend you visit this link prior to the show to set up things as necessary. You can join with a user ID or join as a guest and you can listen only, listen and join the text chat or listen, text and voice your comments live. There is a North American phone number to dial OR you can download free software that lets you connect via VOIP on your computer. The recording will also be available for listening after the show.

This will be a test show so things may not work smoothly. Don't worry - it should be fun anyways.

If you can join, please let me know with a message in this thread. If there is not a good turnout, we may cancel so please watch this thread for updates before you join the show.

If successful, this could be a regular show and it would be ideal to discuss short-list announcements, opening ceremonies, presentations, votes - even live as they happen.

well i'll try to attend, but i never have anything meaningful to say about these things. top ten stories of 2011? you'll lose them fast if you stray into the YOGs, which was DOA before it was even announced.

if you're dying on the vine though, just start talking about doha and i'm sure i can manage a few quips. in fact, i think doha should be the next podcast topic and i should be appointed color-commentator co-host. i'm still trying to get the royal family to take me up on my world cup consultancy offer.

also? celebrity olympic guest stars! aim low at first. didn't bermuda send some trust fund skiier from middlebury to vancounver? what's he up to? also, marion jones could probably use the press. how about one of the lesser known 1988 jamaican bobsledders? where are they now with the 2012 paris bid team? oh i've got ideas for days.

Plans changed, I'll be sleeping at this time, my wife made me go to the hospital with her (don't worry, nothing serious), but I lost my sleep time and I need to be freshy and fruity tonight for one more day of working, so, I'll be listening to the show during my job.

I really wanted to be part of it...

Mod, I think friday night would be better, since, it's a free time for everybody her, no matter the time zone.

Well, we'll give this a try - if you can, please contribute with at least text questions if not voice. If we don't get the turnout suggested in the thread above - we'll try again another day.

The starting topic will be the Top 10 list. I've only scheduled 30 minutes but if we need a second topic, I've got backups.

I will join - just created an Id on talk shoe

when you open the link - do you have to click somewhere to join the podcast? (I couldn't find anything, where it is really explained)

Great! This interface is new to me too - but I believe when the episode starts there will be a button to click. From there you can just listen.

If you want to participate you will be given a phone number to call (through skype or whatever) OR you can click the "Talkshoe live Pro" button and it launches a free application (you may have to download and install) and with speakers and a Microphone you can ask questions and discuss, or use the keyboard to type questions and messages.

If you want to test this in advance, join one of the other live calls from the home page (you don't need to talk, just to see what it looks like).

Great! This interface is new to me too - but I believe when the episode starts there will be a button to click. From there you can just listen.

If you want to participate you will be given a phone number to call (through skype or whatever) OR you can click the "Talkshoe live Pro" button and it launches a free application (you may have to download and install) and with speakers and a Microphone you can ask questions and discuss, or use the keyboard to type questions and messages.

If you want to test this in advance, join one of the other live calls from the home page (you don't need to talk, just to see what it looks like).

Yeah - I see - I will try to join via "live Pro"

Archived