5th GamesBids Logo Contest - NYC 2024

nycfinalists.jpg

Okay, this is what I can determine as the final selection if "official" NYC logo finalists. If I have forgotten anyone, if anyone wants to withdraw, or if I have listed the wrong logo foir a member, let me know before the start of the NYC semifinal/shortlist vote (when the Christchurch comp is finished).

For Afiqnadzir and Aismanggo, I have counted their most recent submissions and the ones they are using in their signature banners.

My votes to Rob and Paul.

Rob's is conceptually wonderfully original and very NYC. Vertical orientation could make for some tricky applications, however.

Paul's is graphically very strong and cohesive-- by far the most polished. It also has a sense of movement and kinetic energy.

Scotguy, I really preferred your white version. It was cleaner and bolder. For that reason I can't give you a nod here.

Rols, I suppose you will open a new "voting thread" like for the Christchurch competition?

Yes, when the Christchurch comp is finished (not to say that either side is a higher quality than the other, but I think the NYC side had more keen interest - it certainly got more submissions - and it should provide the bigger "climax" to the two. Anyway, I was tired yesterday - Christchurch was easier for me to get together in a half-comatose state.

My votes to Rob and Paul.

Rob's is conceptually wonderfully original and very NYC. Vertical orientation could make for some tricky applications, however.

Paul's is graphically very strong and cohesive-- by far the most polished. It also has a sense of movement and kinetic energy.

Scotguy, I really preferred your white version. It was cleaner and bolder. For that reason I can't give you a nod here.

I don't know if they're you're votes, but please wait till the "official" semi-final starts.

Yes, when the Christchurch comp is finished (not to say that either side is a higher quality than the other, but I think the NYC side had more keen interest - it certainly got more submissions - and it should provide the bigger "climax" to the two. Anyway, I was tired yesterday - Christchurch was easier for me to get together in a half-comatose state.

I don't know if they're you're votes, but please wait till the "official" semi-final starts.

Did I create some sort of problem by saying who Id vote for? I thought this was casual fun....

I did the same thing in the other thread prrior to the "official voting thread" and there was no reaction.

Amazing how deadly serious everyone is about this....,

Kinda kills it for me.

Did I create some sort of problem by saying who Id vote for? I thought this was casual fun....

I did the same thing in the other thread prrior to the "official voting thread" and there was no reaction.

Kinda kills it for me.

Yes, it is fun...but wait for the official threads because it then becomes unwieldy and gets all over the place.

Like in the Christchurch one, contestants were submitting "altered" entries even after the Submission Deadline had passed. If people don't comply, then it gets out of hand...and the contest promoters kinda lose interest for another one if it's just going to be an unruly or uncooperative mob.

But good job of running the contest so far, Rols.

You're right Athens, they are taking it pretty seriously, but only to avoid others from crying foul. Anyway, I posted the revised one because it is just for fun, and I thought that I made it clear that it wasn't going to replace anything. I know which 2-3 entries it will be down to anyway for Christchurch.

You're right Athens, they are taking it pretty seriously, but only to avoid others from crying foul. Anyway, I posted the revised one because it is just for fun, and I thought that I made it clear that it wasn't going to replace anything. I know which 2-3 entries it will be down to anyway for Christchurch.

You did...but it SETS a PRECEDENT...then everyone else will start POSTING their revised entries and :wacko: The competition has to proceed along certain Rules of Order as would any other competition. There is a way to maintain ORDER and still make it fun...and it does need everyone's cooperation.

Kinda kills it for me.

Not trying to be heavy handed - I prefer to be as hands- off in these comps as I can. It was more just to clarify before some get over- enthusiastic and start posting votes here as well. More for the benefit of others than a rebuke for you.

Archived