5th GamesBids Logo Contest - NYC 2024

Okay Everyone,

As mentioned, I've started up this thread for everyone to post their final and official submission(s) for the GamesBids New York City 2024 Host Logo contest.

Please post your entries here - it'll just make it easier to kep them together and to sort out which are "official:, and which aren't.

Members are only allowed to post two logos maximum each.

Good luck everyone.

BTW - you will get a two day extension to submit entries. I'll be back on January 6 rather than January 4. I expect to start the next stages of the comp on January 7.

Thank you everyone who has entered!

ny01i.jpg

The Central Park is the center of the logo. We can see the silhouettes of the Statue of Liberty. We can also notice the letter "O" of Olympics. It's a good idea but my skill with graphics don't let me do a better job.

Ok I`ve finally made my logo, to the best of my abilities using the best equipment I`ve got:

34867450.jpg

My logo is a view of the East River, Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline from Brooklyn Bridge Park, symbolizing the inclusiveness of the multiple boroughs making up NYC. The Brooklyn Bridge is the focal point of the logo, symbolizing a bridging of peoples coming together for the Games. The skyscrapers in the back are self-explanatory.

Be nice, it`s the best I can do :P

i officially withdraw my entry for this competition.im new here and afiqnadzir teach me a lot about graphic design..sorry afiqnadzir if i troubling you..before enter this competition i thought most people here support newbie like me and i thought that i can learn something new her but everything seems wrong.now i know that this in not joy anymore..i can see some people here are chasing for winning title only and some of them a very passion about graphic design.firstly i thought this thread is for everyone who share the same interest,share a same passion but im totally wrong..thanks for those who support me..hopefully the winner is a real winner not someone that feel threatened with other competitor's design and get rid of another competitor..a good designer not afraid of losing,they aim for a better product,not the title..goodbye and best of luck..good luck too to my brother.

I think the anonymity the internet offers makes it very easy to decieve in competitions like these, which are meant to be a bit of fun, but do need rules to work. If you are genuine aismanggo, sorry that you've withdrawn and maybe Rols will look kindly and feel your entry should be accepted. But I'm sure you can see how this might look. Multi-accounts are hardly unknown quantities here ;)

I do think a reasonably low post limit should be required in future for entering and that should be made clear from the start. Just so everyone knows where they stand. I don't know why every new competition on this site has to throw up a new controversy!!

Actually my concept is more than a logo, is more likely a template that can be used to represent each sport, even if the host city isn't NYC, i can change the template easily :), so here is my template :

nycfin1.jpg

The 1st row represent NYC, a liberty and the others is the NYC skyline,

2nd row, represent athletic (it's 110 M hurdles), and swimming

3rd row represent basketball (from the famous NBA logo), and gymnastic :)

Actually my concept is more than a logo, is more likely a template that can be used to represent each sport, even if the host city isn't NYC, i can change the template easily :), so here is my template :

nycfin1.jpg

The 1st row represent NYC, a liberty and the others is the NYC skyline,

2nd row, represent athletic (it's 110 M hurdles), and swimming

3rd row represent basketball (from the famous NBA logo), and gymnastic :)

Tikus, I like this concept. But you know you have room to write out "New York 2024." The "0" in 2024 complements the 5 rings, so making it 2024 actually reinforces the message! And thinner black line borders. It demarcates the various areas too much.

Try save the image in some standard format like bmp with nothing written, open in other program and write the text.

I think white fonts would have more emphasis.

Archived