Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gangwon

Could the old way of a Summer and Winter Olympics in the same year survive today?

So, if FIFA moves Qatar's WC to the winter months, how do you think that would affect the 2022 Winter Games?

Not necesary januray... Maybe december 2022... It will not harm the shedule...

Or what if they reverted to the even OLDER system of the Summer host nation also hosting the Winter Games (or finding a winter partner, in the case of Amsterdam)?

The current system works because it has allowed the Winter Games to grow and come into their own. I don't think it matters much to FIFA, though. They are a one sport show and big chunks of their audience never see much snow anyway.

I grew up used to the old system of having a true Olympic year every four years time, at least I remember the last two of those occasions. So, I kind of like the old system. However, as I have stated sometime before, I don't really care about the Winter Games at all so it doesn't matter much. Personally I feel that shifting the place of them has made Winter Games even more marginal for me. All this is purely based on emotion rather than practical reasons.