Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zekekelso

USOC Contact Info? (re: CoSport)

I'd like to pass along a few comments to the USOC about the company they choose as their authorized ticket reseller. CoSport not only charges ridiculously high mark-ups on tickets, but the service they provide is abysmal.

I don't understand how the ticket markups (over $100/ticket on some, once you factor in their fees and exchange rates) fit into the Olympic spirit. There is simply no justification for charging over $600 for a ticket with a face price of £295. That should be between $460 and $480 at current exchange rates. Nor is their justification for charging a $35 shipping fee.

But what is most frustrating about CoSport is that they are incapable or properly doing their assigned job of selling tickets. Their computers simply cannot handle the volume of requests they receive, leaving to extremely frustrated purchasers losing the opportunity to buy tickets because of systems errors.

I want to beg and plead with the decision makers at USOC to give future contracts to whatever company will provide the best service at the lowest cost to consumers. Having to go through CoSport is the biggest blemish in my Olympic experience. Can someone let me know who the desions makers are at the USOC, and how I could contact them?

Thanks,

Zeke

But you know...you have a choice if you don't like their mark-ups. Don't buy from them. I DIDN'T buy from them...well, I'm NOT buying any London tix anyway. :)

Zeke, you shud write to BOTH the USOC AND the IOC. I think CoSport would not be serving the several markets it's supposed to serve without an agreement with the IOC in place. I think the several markets CoSport is in, had no choice once the IOC approved CoSport.

Write to Rogge as well!!

USOC President is Larry Probst, write him c/o Electronic Arts...look for their address (it's Bayshore Freeway or something like that...) in Redwood City, CA.