2020 Bids draw of lots

gotosy

the draw of lots was done and the official order are:

Istanbul - Tokyo - Rome - Baku - Doha - Madrid

...drawing of lots to determine the official order of the cities bidding for the 2020 Olympic Games saw Istanbul (Turkey) being drawn first, followed by Tokyo (Japan), Rome (Italy), Baku (Azerbaijan), Doha (Qatar) and Madrid (Spain).

This order will now be used for all presentations, including the final one on 7 September 2013 just prior to the host city election at the IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The next step for the six Applicant Cities will be to submit their Application Files and guarantee letters to the IOC by 15 February 2012.

IOC

Bad luck for Istanbul, usually the last or second last bid to present remains fresh on the minds of people. Didn't Korea present first though?

Really bad luck, when the member vote they will have Madrid's presentacion really fresh, and forget a bit of Istanbul's :(

Bad luck for Istanbul, usually the last or second last bid to present remains fresh on the minds of people. Didn't Korea present first though?

Yeah, but that was only 3. And you knew Annency was a joke. But yeah, that's a tough break for Istanbul. I don't KNOW why they do it so early. Why don't they just with the alpha order; and then when a few days before selection time, do the random order -- not this early? They're really quite dumb at the IOC sometimes.

PC presented third. Vancouver and Sochi presented first

Here are some of the past order of presentation

Presentation Order Of 2016 Cities

Madrid once again drew last.

It was:

2003 - Vancouver, Salzburg, Pyeongchang

2007 - Sochi, Salzburg, Pyeongchang

2011 - Munich, Annecy, Pyeongchang

Yeah, but that was only 3. And you knew Annency was a joke. But yeah, that's a tough break for Istanbul. I don't KNOW why they do it so early. Why don't they just with the alpha order; and then when a few days before selection time, do the random order -- not this early? They're really quite dumb at the IOC sometimes.

As you said they were only 3 and now 6 (its pretty likely the IOC accepts the 6).... Voters will start to forget what Istanbul presented. 45*6= 270 minutes :S and it was REALY early it would have been better at least in June when candidates are named.

lucky for doha, following baku, haha i joke i joke, we never know if baku will be good or not :P

starting off with the 3 best and then it just goes kind of downhill

istanbul and tokyo will be good, i dont know about madrid or rome and then doha and baku i am absolutly stumped whether they will be bad or kind of good

im really tired i dont know if anything i just said makes any sense

As you said they were only 3 and now 6 (its pretty likely the IOC accepts the 6).... Voters will start to forget what Istanbul presented. 45*6= 270 minutes :S and it was REALY early it would have been better at least in June when candidates are named.

There's also the other side of the coin, where IOC voters are most attentive for the first presentation, and by the last time their attention span has gone to mush that they don't care about listening to yet ANOTHER Q+A session with Prince Albert.

I don't believe that more than one or two voters are undecided by the time the final presentations roll around. Frankly, I just think the presentations are window dressing. Even if it's a super close race, it's the lobbying that will win it -- not the presentations.

being first has some adv. tough... all other candidates will compare with the first one.

altough being last is the luckiest drawn :D

but if IOC will make a shorlist will it chnge too?

the order will be adjusted. say baku and doha is not shortlisted. the order becomes, istanbul, tokyo, rome, madrid

the order will be adjusted. say baku and doha is not shortlisted. the order becomes, istanbul, tokyo, rome, madrid

Doha is gonna be shortlisted, they are gonna score more than 6.9... And if the IOC accepted their dates, they will shortlist them... Politics...

Archived