TOKYO 2020 Venue Plan

Ceremony, Athletics, Soccer(Final) - National Stadium(1964 Olympic Stadium )

Tennis - Ariake Tennis no Mori

Table Tennis - Tokyo gymnasium

Handball - National Yoyogi Stadium(1964 Volleyball)

Judo - Nihon Budokan (1964 Judo)

Weight Rifting - Tokyo international forum

Boxing - Kokugikan

Canoe - Kasai Rinkai Park

Sailing - Wakasu Olympic Marina

Golf - Wakasu Golf Park

Rowing , Cycling(BMX・Mountainbike)- Umi no mori Area

Aquatics - Tatsumi kaihin Park

Archery, Basketball, Badminton- Yume no shima Area

Hockey - Shinagawa Area

Gymnastics, Wrestling, Taekondo, Cycling(Track), Volleyball -Ariake Area

Olympic Village - Harumi Area (Olympic Stadium in 2016 Plan)

MPC, IBC - Tokyo international forum

IOC - Pales hotel (Teikoku hotel)

Other - undetermined

***Soccer (tournament)***

Sapporo Stadium

Miyagi Stadium (3.11 earthquake&Tsunami attacked)

Saitama Stadium 2002

Yokohama Stadium (2002 WC Final)

Tokyo Chofu Stadium

Osaka Nagai Stadium (2007 World Athletics Championships)

***Torch relay***

Area of Tsunami attacked

Hiroshima, Nagasaki

47 prefecture

Ceremony, Athletics, Soccer(Final) - National Stadium(1964 Olympic Stadium )

Tennis - Ariake Tennis no Mori

Table Tennis - Tokyo gymnasium

Handball - National Yoyogi Stadium(1964 Volleyball)

Judo - Nihon Budokan (1964 Judo)

Weight Rifting - Tokyo international forum

Boxing - Kokugikan

Canoe - Kasai Rinkai Park

Sailing - Wakasu Olympic Marina

Golf - Wakasu Golf Park

Rowing , Cycling(BMX・Mountainbike)- Umi no mori Area

Aquatics - Tatsumi kaihin Park

Archery, Basketball, Badminton- Yume no shima Area

Hockey - Shinagawa Area

Gymnastics, Wrestling, Taekondo, Cycling(Track), Volleyball -Ariake Area

Olympic Village - Harumi Area (Olympic Stadium in 2016 Plan)

MPC, IBC - Tokyo Big sight

IOC - Pales hotel (Teikoku hotel)

Other - undetermined

***Soccer (tournament)***

Sapporo Stadium

Miyagi Stadium (3.11 earthquake&Tsunami attacked)

Saitama Stadium 2002

Yokohama Stadium (2002 WC Final)

Tokyo Chofu Stadium

Osaka Nagai Stadium (2007 World Athletics Championships)

***Torch relay***

Area of Tsunami attacked

Hiroshima, Nagasaki

47 prefecture

Finally the stadium is not going to be in that really unsafe place :D

It is not the reason the Miyagi stadium suffered the damage caused by tsunami directly. Although attacked by the very strong earthquake, there was no serious damage. However, the park with the Miyagi stadium became a mortuary and a storage place of goods immediately after the earthquake disaster. As a Japanese, if the Olympic Games is opened at the place, there is no more delightful thing than it.

The 2016 race lacked Japanese representation, so I hope you stick around. Thanks for the info!

You are welcome. Japanese people have many those who cannot use English. When I also write a text in English in fact, a dictionary is certainly used. However, he plans to give you the information about Tokyo.

great, we have a ''neues freund'' from Japan ;) wilkommen!

I was expecting that Tokyo might use Miyagi for sailing, because it was harmed from the tsunami.

or Sendai

The proposal of sailing performed in Tokyo Bay is leading as well as the plan in 2016. For the moment, the game held in Miyagi Prefecture is only the primary of soccer. However, since there is also a proposal which holds sailing in Sea of Miyagi-prefecture, it may be realized.

The proposal of sailing performed in Tokyo Bay is leading as well as the plan in 2016. For the moment, the game held in Miyagi Prefecture is only the primary of soccer. However, since there is also a proposal which holds sailing in Sea of Miyagi-prefecture, it may be realized.

Tokyo bay is a stuning setting for sailing :D but in the sea of Miyagi Prefecture, it will have more significance.

Hi Sir RobH, thank you :) let's not hijack this thread to welcoming me back :) forgive me to change the user name since i forget the password, also the email that i used to register was cracked :)

By the way yukke14, although I'm a japanlover, I think better for Tokyo to bid for 2028, since Pyeongchang just won 2018 race, yeah i know IOC always denying that there is continental rotation, but the fact is, the chance for another Asian city to be the host, right after another Asian city (yeah, I know too, that PyeongChang got the winter, not the summer) is very very small, so is there any opinion in Japan about to bid 2028 instead of 2020 ? And would yopu like to teach me japanese ? Thank you

Hi Sir RobH, thank you :) let's not hijack this thread to welcoming me back :) forgive me to change the user name since i forget the password, also the email that i used to register was cracked :)

By the way yukke14, although I'm a japanlover, I think better for Tokyo to bid for 2028, since Pyeongchang jus

t won 2018 race, yeah i know IOC always denying that there is continental rotation, but the fact is, the chance for another Asian city to be the host, right after another Asian city (yeah, I know too, that PyeongChang got the winter,

not the summer) is very very small, so is there any opinion in Japan about to bid 2028 instead of 2020 ? And would yopu like to teach me japanese ? Thank you

Tokyo is better for 2028 ;) we're all right thinking that!

• 1 month later...

Feb 6 (Reuters) - Tokyo's iconic National Stadium is poised to receive a billion dollar renovation, turning it into a space-age venue with moving seats for the 2019 rugby World Cup, Reuters has learned.

Japan will host rugby's showcase tournament a year before the 2020 Olympics, which Tokyo has bid for again after losing out in the running for 2016.

If successful with its tender, the new-look National Stadium, located close to Tokyo's bustling centre, would double up as the main stadium for the rugby World Cup and Olympics.

"We are in talks with the stadium owners and Tokyo government about it being the venue for both the World Cup and the Olympics," Japan Rugby Football Union (JRFU) chairman Tatsuzo Yabe told Reuters.

"It will have seating for 80,000 to 100,000. We have to knock down the current National Stadium - it is old and only has a capacity of around 50,000."

Yabe said plans would include retractable seating, similar to the revolutionary Sapporo Dome, the hi-tech jewel in Japan's crown at the 2002 soccer World Cup with a 'floating' pitch.

"It will have seats which can be moved in when we need the track for the Olympics and back for ball games like soccer and rugby," Yabe said.

Reuters

Edited by Sir Rols