The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to submit a logo for Christchurch 2026

The shape is inspired by the Christchurch Chalice.

The blues pay homage to the regions winters snow, ice, and water.

The greens acknowledge an environmentally rich region and green games.

The 26 geometric shapes made of 16 hexagons plus 10 overlaps pay tribute to the Olympic Year 26.

The 2 large central overlaps suggest New Zealand's primary North and South Islands, and all the others suggest the many surrounding islands of this island nation.

The Silver Fern widely representative of New Zealand and New Zealanders is incorporated as an apostrophe over the year.

CC-logo.jpg

I would like to submit a logo for Christchurch 2026

The shape is inspired by the Christchurch Chalice.

The blues pay homage to the regions winters snow, ice, and water.

The greens acknowledge an environmentally rich region and green games.

The 26 geometric shapes made of 16 hexagons plus 10 overlaps pay tribute to the Olympic Year 26.

The 2 large central overlaps suggest New Zealand's primary North and South Islands, and all the others suggest the many surrounding islands of this island nation.

The Silver Fern widely representative of New Zealand and New Zealanders is incorporated as an apostrophe over the year.

CC-logo.jpg

So simple... yet so nice!

Here's a bit of stuff for NYC 2024, hope I can make the deadline...

This logo is based on my very favorite thing in New York City, every time I walk by it I get an energized and exciting feeling. It's origin in Greek mythology seems appropriate for an Olympic symbol as does it's athleticism and power. The articulated rings which represent the universe/globe recall the Olympic logo. I made it in "International Orange" to communicate a global welcoming and inclusiveness, sort of like NYC itself. The font is "Gotham".

Just for fun I tried to make a launch video :lol:....didn't have too much time to edit it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZaaMPRRECw&feature=g-upl&context=G2bca2d5AUAAAAAAAAAA

The logo:

NYC-logo.jpg

Some banners:

nyc-banners-600.jpg

Here is my "model" mascot...it is NYC after all! :)

NYC+mascot.jpg

Still working on some posters and stuff...

NYC24-73.jpg

Poster and inspiration:

NYC+atlas.jpg

Poster:

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.

Actually, I have to beg everyone's patience for another day. I've just got back from about 24 hours of continued transit through South East Asian airport terminals, and to say the least I'm jet-lagged, exhausted and dazed. And I think it's going to take a bit of time to sort through all the entries to get the next rounds off and running. I'll start with Christchurch - it should be the easiest first off. There's going to be a semi-final where I'm going to give everyone three votes (I'm not going to count ANYONE who casts more than three selections) to determine a short list of five for the final voting rounds. It should be up and going sometime on Saturday 7 January Sydney time.

If I have any doubts or confusions about which entries are "officially submitted" or not, I'll be PMing the members concerned.

Gotta say, the response to both logo comps has been amazing and overwhelming. And the design bar just continues to rise. Well done everyone, and good luck!

So will or wont there be a report?

I don't see a need. I can't claim that my knowledge of or ap.precation of logo graphics is any deeper than anyone else's. Our short list votes will serve as the evaluation, and there's already been plenty of critiquing and explanations of the Logos in the various threads already.

If anyone wants to post their own evaluations, fee free to do so in one of the existing threads, or here. No personal nastiness, though.

Archived