The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't see Afiqnadzir's submissions as different designs, just different applications using the same core logo. He's done some great banners, but in the end the vote will be on the vanilla logo - anything else he (or others) submit I would consider just supporting material.

You need to look through the whole thread, I think there are at least 5 different logos by him, though the heart one seems to be the one he's focussed on more lately. :lol:

But if you're happy to run the final poll with everything in this thread, that's fine. :) I just thought it might get very unwieldy if more than one person goes down this route (especially as we're getting a lot of entries anyway), hence my suggestion that each person submits their best design only.

Okay, I've a close run through the entire thread. Hmmm, yeah, I see there were about 9 from Afiqnadzir at my count. Others who've done multiples (for the same city) include Davey and aismango. Did I miss any others?

Let me sleep on this a bit.

Afiq, how would you feel about narrowing down your entries to your two favorites?

Awww thanks :D

I'm not promising anyone my vote yet ;) but your logo is pretty unique in amongst all the apples and skyscrapers - I'm pleased you went with your second submission over your first one. I reckon it's going to be tough deciding who to choose this time, the standard seems to get higher each time.

EDIT: Just seen Scotguy's NYC logo, too. Another design going out on a limb with something different, great stuff!

Afiq, how would you feel about narrowing down your entries to your two favorites?

hurmm...after think for a while,i think i will proceed with the new design,all my previous design actually is only experiment and just ideation,not the official one,i will post the official one later,and just only one design

Okay, I've had a think about this.

I really don't want to limit people to just one logo if they have the time, inspiration, and the concepts are different between the different logos. Plus I'd already said at the start that multiple entries were okay. And just remember, as Puppy pointed out, this should be all about the designs and concepts, NOT the people submitting them.

On the other hand, too many entries from one person can get quite unwieldly to manage later on, and, it seems, may not sit right with other members/entrants if they feel someone is "spamming" too many entries (not that I think it would do any single member much good if they were seen to have too many entries in it). I'd forgotten how many Afiq had posted until I looked back last night. At the risk of making judgements on them, some of them do seem like variations or evolutions of a similar theme or style. I think it would serve Afiq's chances better, and re-assure others here, if they could be rationalised.

Seeing as Afiq has indicated he's willing to cut back on his entries, and no-one else has entered more than two, I'll decree that from henceforth, there is a limit of two submissions per category (winter or summer) per person. I expect the vast majority of entrants will only submit a single design, or at most one in each category, anyway.

One other point. A lot of people like to submit their ongoing concepts here and get feedback from other members. I've got no problem with that - it's part of the fun and interaction. It's a bit like submitting initial concepts for peer review and critiquing. And this wouldn't be the first logo contest when initial design submissions get tweaked as a result of feedback. Again, I'm fine with that. What I will do, though, is just after Xmas, probably on Boxing Day (December 26), I'll start off another thread for people to post their final submissions. Once a logo is posted there, it is final. If someone posts more than two in a single category, they will have to nominate which earlier one to delete. I'll also use that thread to post any extra material that's been submitted to me for later publlic unveiling (I've already had one member send me such material).

Last but not least. This time next week I'll be riding the jet stream and may or may not log in while I'm away in the tropics. If there's any disputes or rulings to be made over that time, I think everyone trusts Martin (Citius Altius Fortius) to be fair. I also think Puppy would be fair, and has had experience of how to manage these contests and what works. If either or both are willing and accept, I'd like to deputise them to make any judgements or rulings necessary while I'm away.

If there's any objections to any of these late rulings let me know.

here its the logo....

Ok, i give up! i cannt upload my paper made logo... here its the logo at picasa...

Sorry mate, I can't see any image through the link either. I tried to repost using the link in your original post, but got the same result you did - just the words "posted image"

I'm not sure what's wrong technically. Hopefully someone else will be able to explain it. Or do you want to email it to me? PM me if you do and I'll pass on my email address.

Sorry mate, I can't see any image through the link either. I tried to repost using the link in your original post, but got the same result you did - just the words "posted image"

I'm not sure what's wrong technically. Hopefully someone else will be able to explain it. Or do you want to email it to me? PM me if you do and I'll pass on my email address.

i hope somebody can help me... i've tried a lot of times and only appears me mistake... i'll send you a message for your email, anyways i guess my logo is a it ugly... :lol:

I love what you did, it's wonderful to see a real sketch! I've been researching Christchurch and I see your inspiration. I made a logo for Christchurch which I'll post soon but I keep changing it. Good luck.

Thanks mate :D my desing is based on the fern (typically NZ), that flow is also typical, the cathedral and as you can see in the banners the olympic rings are black (the all blacks) good luck with your submition too ;) i'm gonna make it on computer later...

My entry for Winter Games Logo Competition:

christchurch.jpg

"The Pacific, the island, the city, the kiwi, the special year Winter Olympic Games finally comes to Southern Hemisphere. All of this together in a new icon for New Zealand, a vibrant logo design for generations"

-DannyelBrazil

If nothing else, it should make the contest easier to manage.

:)

Archived