The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

Help! How can i do to upload my images? Where it says link i must put the name of the file, that's it? Normally i've uploaded images from google :P where i just put the link. Sorry for my ignorance but computers are not my strong, that's why i study laws :lol:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for clarification, can we take it as a given that the few people here who've sumbitted more than one logo for the same city will be asked to choose which one they want to put up for the vote?

Hmmmm. Good question. The simple answer is I'm not sure. In the initial rules, I DID say people could enter as often as as many logos as they wish. And in the last one, Baron did have two submissions. I've got no problem with multiple entries - we can vote on them as, eg, Danny 1, Danny 2 etc. Or, if people have submitted more than one, but they only want to concentrate on a single one of them, please let me know which one you want to take further.

Looks like I might have to PM members individually to clarify what they want to enter or not when we get closer to the deadline.

Afiqnadzir - your 'ribbons' are fantastic. Absolutely stunning.

My idea (need tweeking and done in 2 minutes) -

Based on the mosaic in Strawberry Fields (Central Park) - a simple, single word that not only sums up the whole essence of the NYC bid, but also alludes to the song 'Imagine' by John Lennon - and the message of brotherhood, peace and global unity contain within. It also evokes the art-deco movement that is symbolic of NYC.

nyc2024.jpg

Furthermore this is a design comp - not a member popularity comp - thus multiple entries should be fine. So what if ends up being a vote between two designs from the one member?

Afiqnadzir, you seem to be focusing on one of the designs I liked the least. Just letting you know... I think some of your others had more potential....

This is actually unfair... I will post here 40 logo proposals and check with you guys which one have more chances...

Is this a logo competition or a portfolio competition?

This is actually unfair... I will post here 40 logo proposals and check with you guys which one have more chances...

Is this a logo competition or a portfolio competition?

Okay, here's the way I will take it. If a logo has been posted in this thread, unless it has been SPECIFICALLY WITHDRAWN by the member who posted it (as I think you did with your original Danny - despite the fact I loved it), I will count it in our final polls.

After Xmas, and before I head off for holidays (in Vietnam), I'll re-post all the logos that have been submitted and which I'll count. If anybody does not want to proceed with any of them, they'll have to let me know by January 5.

... or I could be dictatorial and choose myself one logo from each member to proceed with. But I wouldn't enjoy doing that, and i doubt you guys would either.

It's also natural, that if a logo's been posted here, it will be commented on. I would trust and hope that any critiques are constructive and don't get nasty. If someone wants to act on a critique to fine-tune their entry it's up to them.

Remember guys, this is all meant to be fun!

Some rebranding and fixing in some details are really Ok, or change it a couple of time... But posting 8, 9, 10 designs are really not nice.

Well, it's my opinion, if this is allowed, that's Ok for me. But I'll post also more 10 logos and see the reaction over them, after it I decide my official entry.

Some rebranding and fixing in some details are really Ok, or change it a couple of time... But posting 8, 9, 10 designs are really not nice.

Well, it's my opinion, if this is allowed, that's Ok for me. But I'll post also more 10 logos and see the reaction over them, after it I decide my official entry.

I honestly don't see Afiqnadzir's submissions as different designs, just different applications using the same core logo. He's done some great banners, but in the end the vote will be on the vanilla logo - anything else he (or others) submit I would consider just supporting material.

People should realize too Danny that by submitting more than one logo, it could dilute their support, since it may be the same "style", and would spread out their votes. I think since doing a few of these, people can see mine and other people's styles and will judge on that. My style is clean, simple and friendly. Other's are more modern and use vibrant colors, and so on...

At the end of the day, may the best logo win, and we all have fun choosing.

Here is what I have been working on so far for my Christchurch submission. I may have a few changes to this if I have time, but thought I would just put it out for now.

soaring-christchurch-2026-logo.jpg

cormiermax, I think we were on the same brainwaves when designing. I just noticed some similarities. Since you posted yours first, send me a PM if you feel my mountains are positioned too much like yours, and I will make the changes. :)

Archived