The Fifth Annual GamesBids Logo Competition

Good burghers of GamesBids,

Well, this year's host city elections are now all over, there's no major sports events in the immediate offing (unless you count the kiddies' jamboree in Innsbruck) and with the holidays season coming up and likely members here having a bit of time on their hands, it's time to launch the Fifth Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo competition!

I've decided I'll go back to the traditional format this time around, with members asked to design either a Summer or a Winter Games logo, or both if you're keen!

I've been trying to think of cities, countries or regions that we haven't really touched in past comps. We've done Asia, Africa, Europe, the Middle East and South America before. It's about time to give North America and Oceania a chance. So, I've decided, the two host cities you are to design logos for are:

Summer: New York City 2024

Winter: Christchurch 2026

We are after logos for that encompass the overall feel of the city and local influences that can be tied into a design concept? How can a NYC and Christchurch articulate graphically what they could bring to future Olympics hosting? What flavour will they bring to the games?

This logo needs only be presented as a full colour logo on a white background, but if you like it can also be presented in black and white and as utilised as a bidding logo - a street banner, a t-shirt, pin etc. For voting purposes, the main (colour) logo will be used on the polls, but any extra material you produce may help you “sell” your design better to the wider GamesBids voting membership.

Post your main colour submissions on this thread. If you want to hold anything back to be presented as a “surprise” when voting starts you can contact me via PM and I'll tell you where you can send the extra material.

Feel free to submit as many entries as you like.

Obviously I realise that not everyone has access to the same level of technology to complete the tasks at hand – so the initial stage will be judged not on execution, but on visual impact.

This is a great chance to let your artist side run wild!

I'm going to give plenty of time to submit your designs. This is going to be the logo comp for 2012, so you have until the New Year. I'm going to be away over the New Year break, but will be back on January 4. Therefore I'll set a deadline of January 5 2012 - which gives everyone about a month - at which point I will post an official report and shortlists will be announced - prior to an immediate public vote off!

Good luck everyone, I trust we'll see some great designs as in the past comps.

And here are the previous winners!

prague.png

winnerlogos.jpg

aomoriwinner.jpgdubai202011.png

durban.jpgdurban2o.jpg

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad this seems to be getting a good response. Just hope the entries come in!

@ Soaring - I always liked the parody of the 2012 logo:

altnyc.gif

:lol: EPIC idea!!! :D:lol: great great great logo... Both of them... The orignal (awesome) and the parody (epic :lol:)

Archived