Sign in to follow this  
intoronto

Who would like to see Toronto host an Olympics?

by saying booth are the most American cities in Canada i mean that booth have pretty much the sames landscapes than an American cities, i mean compare them with Ottawa or Montreal are way to diffrent, because the culture is completly diffrent, i was just refering to the landscapes and proximity to the USA ;)

While Americans and Canadians obviously can tell the subtle differences between themselves, you can't expect the most foreign of people, from completely different cultures, to differentiate those subtleties. It's even the same within the same countries. Like Texas with Minnesota. Distinctly different to us, but to the common foreigner, they'll hardly notice a difference, if any at all.

Its the same of us too. How many on here know the many diifferent minute differences in all the different cultures of the world. The average person doesn't. So at the same time, we can't expect foreigners to distinguish are own trivial differences when most of us on this side of the planet don't do it ourselves with them.

While Americans and Canadians obviously can tell the subtle differences between themselves, you can't expect the most foreign of people, from completely different cultures, to differentiate those subtleties. It's even the same within the same countries. Like Texas with Minnesota. Distinctly different to us, but to the common foreigner, they'll hardly notice a difference, if any at all.

Its the same of us too. How many on here know the many diifferent minute differences in all the different cultures of the world. The average person doesn't. So at the same

time, we can't expect foreigners to distinguish are own trivial differences when most of us on this side of the planet don't do it ourselves with them.

That's a ver right point. Most foreigner can see it very look a like. But Toronto is well-known for being a multicultural city.

LMAO there is a Toronto in Illinois!

Yep, we also have cities by the name of Paris, Cairo, Athens, Venice, Vienna, Warsaw, Pheonix, Nashville, Dallas City, New Boston, El Paso and even Metropolis!

Well you might as well take the Olympics to Ohio then... theres London, Rome, Versailles, Toledo, Lima, Mexico, New Philadelphia,.... (im sure there are many more 'other' places in the Buckeye state...)

Well you might as well take the Olympics to Ohio then... theres London, Rome, Versailles, Toledo, Lima, Mexico, New Philadelphia,.... (im sure there are many more 'other' places in the Buckeye state...)

:lol: then Ohio is cappable of hosting olympics for decades :lol::P

Another Toronto thread?? How many threads does this one make now?

There's also a London Mills!

The next state in the US that bids should incorporate venues in all the cities with international names. That would also be a nicely spread out plan :lol:

Another Toronto thread?? How many threads does this one make now?

We can just change the name of the site back to Torontosummergames.com

Edited by Sir Rols

Where's New Madrid? :P

Missouri. It was the epicentre of one of the largest earthquakes in North American history.

I hope it will be in Toronto.

while US and Canadian cities and cultures have many similarities, my comment was about the comment that Toronto and Vancouver were "the most American cities in Canada" was more about what does that mean in relation to other Canadian cities. Sure, Montreal and Quebec are standouts because of the French history, language and culture. But I would argue that cities like Calgary, Edmonton and Hamilton are more "American" than Vancouver and Toronto.

while US and Canadian cities and cultures have many similarities, my comment was about the comment that Toronto and Vancouver were "the most American cities in Canada" was more about what does that mean in relation to other Canadian cities. Sure, Montreal and Quebec are standouts because of the French history, language and culture. But I would argue that cities like Calgary, Edmonton and Hamilton are more "American" than Vancouver and Toronto.

Emm yeap, but maybe just Calgary in that list! (not saying i've already know the cities cuz i've been just in Calgary and Vancouver airport only, i only know Kelowna BC but

i've google the three and maybe more Calgary).... Maybe booth Toronto, Vancouver are really close to the US frontier that another reason why they may look "american"

Just out of curiosity, from your perspective what characteristics constitute a city being more "American"?