Continental Rotation

zekekelso

Agreed. The tendency to try to "outdo" is not helpful in the long term. It would be nice to see somebody do something that's just totally different.

I agree a host should come along and just say "**** it, I don't give a flying monkey's ass about outdoing my predecessor", but who wants to be the first to do that and become the butt of layman scrutiny from the world?

I thought London could've been the one to scale back after Beijing, and maybe they can still be the one but that remains to be seen. It sure as hell won't be Sochi, Rio or Pyeongchang. By the time we return to the (probably) traditional hosts of 2020/2022, who knows what the trend will have become by then.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the host cities since Atlanta to our days... Are trying to make a best lighting of the calurdon which is good cuz they will really try to surprise us... But i dont think any host can replace this moment.

There's also the question of even if you want to scale back, should the opening ceremonies be the place to do it.

The OC can really set the tone for the next 2 weeks, and the host really only has one chance to make a first impression. A host can still refrain from outdoing previous hosts by being economical with existing venues, thereby sparing any cost-cutting for the OC.

Plus, this would keep Baron happy ;)

I'm not suggesting scaling back per se. I'm just suggesting variety. The OC really sets the tone for the Games. It's a 4 hour spectacular expression of the brand and it needs to be really good. It does not necessarily have to follow such a similar format from year to year, however.

I'm not suggesting scaling back per se. I'm just suggesting variety. The OC really sets the tone for the Games. It's a 4 hour spectacular expression of the brand and it needs to be really good. It does not necessarily have to follow such a similar format from year to year, however.

Well, the IOC protocol requirements pretty much determine the tone and flow of an O/C. If the IOC decides to junk those, then you will see wildly different ceremonies.

All the host cities since Atlanta to our days... Are trying to make a best lighting of the calurdon which is good cuz they will really try to surprise us... But i dont think any host can replace this moment.

lol i have something n my mind for 2020 ─▒stanbul opening a bit creepy and hard to handle but. why not?:D

lol i have something n my mind for 2020 ─▒stanbul opening a bit creepy and hard to handle but. why not?:D

If it would look awesome then it'll be good! Hahaha :lol: i dont know why i imagine an opening ceremony in Istanbul with (becoming insane-infected mushroom) even though they're from Israel :P

Kind of what do you have in mind?

If it would look awesome then it'll be good! Hahaha :lol: i dont know why i imagine an opening ceremony in Istanbul with (becoming insane-infected mushroom) even though they're from Israel :P

Kind of what do you have in mind?

st never done before :)

Archived