Tokyo 2020 Official Logo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The logo is good, but not as Olympic bid logo, I don't know, but for me, in my country, that flower look like flower bucket which you send to somebody who mourn, is that logo created to attract sympathy ? for 2011 earthquake ? but if this logo not for olympic bid logo, i'll like it :)

I never thought of it as a funeral wreath, but you are exactly right. It does look like one...

Yes, the US does like stars (though I think SLC is stretching it a bit -- that's pretty clearly a snowflake). It makes more sense though because we have stars in our flag... I guess you could argue that the flowers are in a circle... I dont know. Somehow the flowers just don't seem very athletic.

And Chicago did start with the forbidden torch (which I actually preferred).

Yes, the US does like stars (though I think SLC is stretching it a bit -- that's pretty clearly a snowflake). It makes more sense though because we have stars in our flag... I guess you could argue that the flowers are in a circle... I dont know. Somehow the flowers just don't seem very athletic.

And Chicago did start with the forbidden torch (which I actually preferred).

I loved Chicago's original logo, and even their tagline "Stir the Soul". The official logo was just OK, and I didn't like their tagline "Let Friendship Shine".

SLC was certainly meant to be a snowflake, but it is "star like".

I am not a huge fan of Tokyo's 2020 bid logo, but there is worse out there. It will be interesting to see how they do their branding with it.

SLClogo2002.gif

Snow Flake

That was NEVER meant to be a star. It's supposed to be a desert snowflake (or I like to think as a Christmas ornament) in 3-D but is difficult to represent as such in a 2-D medium; and done in, I believe, Ute motif. And the 3 colors and the fins represent the 3 "C"s of the Salt lake 2002 credo: Contrast, Culture and Courage!! (I never saw it referred to as a "star.")

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

わくわく。わくわく。いよいよ、明日5月29日(火)、現在のロゴに五輪マークがついた「エンブレム」が発表されます。今後の招致活動の象徴となるエンブレム!お楽しみに〜っ。

http://www.facebook.com/tokyo2020.jp

the logo with the five rings will be announced tomorrow on Tuesday, May 29

this emblem will become the symbol of the bidding activities to the future

I like it, all this talk of it being non-Japanese is off the mark, It's a very classic Japanese 'ensou' design, set around a circle, as Japanese symbols often are, and have a very long history of being so. The stylised sakura print is also hundreds of years old yet still looks rather modern. Gambare Nihon!

• 1 month later...

Archived