Best rivalries on GB

Gangwon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is why I turned off "the soap opera" that occurred here some time ago. Good thing no one has put up a topic here that could get inflammatory very quickly. Went to one comments section from an American news channel on the Internet about the subject and, suffice to say, the comments there were extreme, mostly misinformed and vile, to say the least.

That is why I turned off "the soap opera" that occurred here some time ago. Good thing no one has put up a topic here that could get inflammatory very quickly. Went to one comments section from an American news channel on the Internet about the subject and, suffice to say, the comments there were extreme, mostly misinformed and vile, to say the least.

???

occupy wall street?

:wacko:

Er...Jim Jones started off ok (I personally never had a run in with him, quite amicable on PMs)...But then the Abuja v Glasgow v Halifax bid blew up with the later pulling out and setting off what has to be the most vitriolic debate on GB Forums ever...In amoungst that came young James although he begin to see the wider world untill he got caught sniffing his sister's panties by his father!...

So yeah JJ v anyone from the UK and or Australia. (regarding Abuja and towards the end, Hambantota.)

Myself v fellow Kiwi, Stevie/NZ Olympic. Had some nasty back and forths (Blue v Red NZ political spectrum there) had a few knocks with Rafa/Mo Rush but was taken aback with Goethe...now that's an enemy.

Any Alexjc v Sir Rols debates I consider harmless NZ/Oz sibling rivalry and nothing more...It is great to talk to someone.

Baron v anyone talking down Reno debates are fun to watch! Baron's pretty cool though (and he's a pilot just like me).

CAF doesn't seem to slug it out with anyone I've noticed...Guess that makes him the better man out of us all? :mellow:

:wacko:

CAF doesn't seem to slug it out with anyone I've noticed...Guess that makes him the better man out of us all? :mellow:

CAF is a civilized chap, polite and a true gentleman. He would never get drawn into vulgar slanging matches with anyone. No interest. His interest is purely in the Olympics and a variety of other topics he regularly introduces for civilized discussion. He's the other end of the spectrum to a Jim Jones or a Cordelia!

And still, nobody mentioned the original - Maxiu - against anyone pro-Toronto.

time was you couldn't go a month without someone harking back to the time he sat on a sandwich in the toronto subway.

That was and still is legendary.

It is unfortunately we have lost most of our Chinese posters. And a lot of good posters in general. Arrawow, pooette, Vol (are missing Queen in action), and so many more.

I just hope after London next year we don't lose lee, arwebb, Rob, mainad and stu (where is stu anyways)?

I just hope after London next year we don't lose lee, arwebb, Rob, mainad and stu (where is stu anyways)?

:mellow: I doubt it...The UK is booked right up to 2017 for GB talking points, and the above usually participate in discussions involving Aus-NZ-Canada-USA threads as well.

:unsure: Wonder what happened to Stevie/NZ Olympic though, prehaps he got a life?

Yeah, thats FOX News for you... or should I say "Faux news"... lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 11 months later...

Past or present, name them! In no particular order:

a) Baron v Athensfan - the Reno-summer debate should last us another 4 years

Surprisingly it petered out ... but now we have the ceremonies wars instead!

Whatever happened to Kernowboy blacksheep crusader gromit (the last one wasn't banned)?

Archived