Jump to content

Official Reports


Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2017 at 10:47 AM, wamel042 said:

Reviving this old topic: I am still searching for reports on African Games, Pan American Games, Asian Games, South American Games and Mediteranean Games.

Still a struggle to find anything older than a few years.

any thoughts?

Hey, I know it’s been a few years since this thread has been active. I began collecting official results PDFs in 2018. Now, I have thousands of pages of official results. We seem to have a similar interest, which is fantastic since I’ve never meet another person collecting these results until now (at least no one on Totallympics is). I’d love to get in touch if you’re still around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2017 at 10:47 AM, wamel042 said:

Reviving this old topic: I am still searching for reports on African Games, Pan American Games, Asian Games, South American Games and Mediteranean Games.

Still a struggle to find anything older than a few years.

any thoughts?

Hey, I know it’s been a few years since this thread has been active. I began collecting official results PDFs in 2018. Now, I have thousands of pages of official results. We seem to have a similar interest, which is fantastic since I’ve never meet another person collecting these results until now (at least no one on Totallympics is). I’d love to get in touch if you’re still around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Hey, I know it’s been a few years since this thread has been active. I began collecting official results PDFs in 2018. Now, I have thousands of pages of official results. We seem to have a similar interest, which is fantastic since I’ve never meet another person collecting these results until now (at least no one on Totallympics is). I’d love to get in touch if you’re still around.

There was a glitch. Please delete the second Mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Hey, I know it’s been a few years since this thread has been active. I began collecting official results PDFs in 2018. Now, I have thousands of pages of official results. We seem to have a similar interest, which is fantastic since I’ve never meet another person collecting these results until now (at least no one on Totallympics is). I’d love to get in touch if you’re still around.

I received your E-mail and sent you a reply. Hope to come into contact with you! Hardly anyone to find with a collection of results....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wamel042 said:

I received your E-mail and sent you a reply. Hope to come into contact with you! Hardly anyone to find with a collection of results....

I sent you one back. I share the same sentiments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2020 at 8:08 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Hey, I know it’s been a few years since this thread has been active. I began collecting official results PDFs in 2018. Now, I have thousands of pages of official results. We seem to have a similar interest, which is fantastic since I’ve never meet another person collecting these results until now (at least no one on Totallympics is). I’d love to get in touch if you’re still around.

Hi! Thought you would like to know that the Pan American Sports Organization has posted .pdf files of all of the Pan American Games official reports and official results on its website:

First, here is the link to the page for the official reports. Scroll down and you will see the official poster/logo for each edition of the Pan American Games from Buenos Aires 1951 to Lima 2019. Below each is a link or links to pdf files of the reports. Note that some are in Spanish only and some are bilingual.

https://www.panamsports.net/sports-events/other-events/#filters

Also, on a separate page is pdf files of the official results of each sport at the 2019 Lima games.

https://www.panamsports.net/lima-2019-results/

I, too, love collecting and reading the official reports, especially the earlier ones. They are so full of interesting information, rare photos, and statistics, many of which you can't find anywhere else. I've been researching the Pan American Games for over 20 years (and been a fan of them for over 30), and knew these reports existed, but were basically inaccessible to me, and I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered the pdfs on PASO's website. I wish OCA and CGF would follow PASO's lead and post digital pdfs of the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games official reports on their websites. I would love to see those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, panamfan said:

Hi! Thought you would like to know that the Pan American Sports Organization has posted .pdf files of all of the Pan American Games official reports and official results on its website:

First, here is the link to the page for the official reports. Scroll down and you will see the official poster/logo for each edition of the Pan American Games from Buenos Aires 1951 to Lima 2019. Below each is a link or links to pdf files of the reports. Note that some are in Spanish only and some are bilingual.

https://www.panamsports.net/sports-events/other-events/#filters

Also, on a separate page is pdf files of the official results of each sport at the 2019 Lima games.

https://www.panamsports.net/lima-2019-results/

I, too, love collecting and reading the official reports, especially the earlier ones. They are so full of interesting information, rare photos, and statistics, many of which you can't find anywhere else. I've been researching the Pan American Games for over 20 years (and been a fan of them for over 30), and knew these reports existed, but were basically inaccessible to me, and I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered the pdfs on PASO's website. I wish OCA and CGF would follow PASO's lead and post digital pdfs of the Asian Games and Commonwealth Games official reports on their websites. I would love to see those.

Ah, I’ve awoken this thread it seems. 

Yes, I was aware of Panam Sports new website and their reports. The Lima2019 results books were perfect because they were in the style I collect (of course I’d already downloaded all the PDFs and created results books myself before they published those :P), but I wasn’t that interested in the official reports since they seemed not well copied, and most had information I already know existed elsewhere. It was still great that Panam Sports took some initiative to publish those though because it’s not like that information is easy to come by (until now). 

I like collecting results in the “PDF Report/Results Book” format. I’ve also begun collecting media guides, volunteer guides, spectator guides, wallpapers/posters, venue maps, broadcast schedules, etc. for all international multi-sports games. I too love to see old photos, pictograms, logos, statistics, etc. Plus, having a vast personal library really helps increase the credibility and informational side of my reporting. I only began collecting in 2017/2018, but I’ve already cataloged thousands of pages of results and other documents. I’m always excited by a new find, so I know how you felt when you came across Panam Sports treasure trove of reports. There’s decent information available for both the OCA and CGF if you know where to look, or spend times building up contacts within the international sports community. The CGF archives all the Commonwealth Games websites. The 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 websites are all still functioning and are left in their original condition (which is something all these organizations should do honestly). The IWGA (World Games) does that as well. You can find links to all the results from 2005, 2009, 2013, and 2017 on their website. The OCA has a separate website for modern results, and I’ll post the link to that below. I’ve also found that data companies (that ran the results for said games) and organizations that run the games are generally willing to help, though it can be hit or miss.

https://www.ocagames.com/orb/index.php

I’m always down to make new contacts and friends in the international sports community, so hit me up if you need anything.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has the PDF results for the following, I’d love to get in contact:

2009 and 2013 Mediterranean Games

2009 and 2011 Summer Universiade 

2010 and 2013 World Combat Games 

2010 Asian Beach Games 

2010 and 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games 

2010, 2014, and 2018 South American Games 

2011 Pan American Games 

2011 All-Africa Games

2011 and 2015 CISM Military World Games

2011 Pacific Games

2011 Pan Arab Games 

2017 Winter Military World Games (CISM)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...