Toronto Considers 2024 Olympic Bid

GBModerator

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said that. :lol: If they bid with Cape Town I would think they would have a better chance since they can rectify any mistakes from the 2004 bid. Durban is a whole new territory.

No, you didn't "directly" say it, but that's what INdirectly you're seemingly trying to imply. And any bid from Cape Town, 20 years later frome their first one, would be just as "new territory" as Durban. Since both cities, at this point, would have to pretty much start from scratch. It's not like Cape Town has been consecutively bidding all these years, like PyeongChang & Istanbul have.

I never said that. :lol: If they bid with Cape Town I would think they would have a better chance since they can rectify any mistakes from the 2004 bid. Durban is a whole new territory.

So, you in all your wisdom, think you know better...the lay of the land, how the IOC would feel about So. African chances...more than the South African Olympic Committee itself? That the South African officials have hosted the ENTIRE IOC body...that you've never met even one IOC member...and that you still second guess them? :blink:

No, in every case Cape Town will serve forn Durban. Cuz the only SA city that is going to be olympics at leasy in the 20-30s in Durban.

The thing that will be better for a Cape Town bid is the table mountain setting. That will look great

So, you in all your wisdom, think you know better...the lay of the land, how the IOC would feel about So. African chances...more than the South African Olympic Committee itself? That the South African officials have hosted the ENTIRE IOC body...that you've never met even one IOC member...and that you still second guess them? :blink:

That would be wrong. I saw and said a quick hello to Dick Pound in 2009 I believe.

OK, I stand corrected. Now did you and Dick discuss Durban's, So. Africa's or any other bidding city matters? :blink:

It was a quick hello :lol:

I met Dick Pound earlier this year and we discussed Toronto's future bids for the Olympics. :P

What did he say??

N, so R you going to enlighten us over what he said? Or R you just going to make a blank statement like that. N did he also tell you that he just happens to speak collectively for all 115 members! :P

He is a very influential member. He even told Toronto to not bid for 2008 because of Beijing, granted South Africa never came up in discussions.

He is a very influential member.

He may have been at one time, but I think that has waned quite a bit over the years. He's certainly no Thomas Bach or Mario Pescante N his less than sugar coating & tell it like it is character, even when it comes to Rogge hasn't won him too many points throughout the years.

He may have been at one time, but I think that has waned quite a bit over the years. He's certainly no Thomas Bach or Mario Pescante N his less than sugar coating & tell it like it is character, even when it comes to Rogge hasn't won him too many points throughout the years.

Pound was very powerful under Samaranch--he was the head of TV negotiations and WADA in the 90s and early-00s--but he has certainly had much less influence under Rogge. He turns 70 next year, so I believe London will be his last Games as an IOC member.

Pound was very powerful under Samaranch--he was the head of TV negotiations and WADA in the 90s and early-00s--but he has certainly had much less influence under Rogge. He turns 70 next year, so I believe London will be his last Games as an IOC member.

80 is the limit** It will be the last games for Vazquez Rana though.

Archived