What would have happened if?

Olympic Fan Darcy

IMO, maybe the only change it would have made is that Chicago might have survived the first round.

Hahaha :D totally agree, Chicago would passed and become stronger... Maybe the could have won. Or Madrid cuz a lot of Rio votes were latins, and the would have become Madrid ones

Im saying that there was 4 candidates

and if they accepted doha instead of rio

rio wouldve been knocked out UNLESS they accepted 5 applicants

so it does affect it :)

Why wouldn't they have gone with 5? A four horse final field is more the exception to the more recent trend of summer shortlists. And considering they still went with Rio to the shortlist while dropping slightly higher scored Doha I think shows there was little risk of them NOT proceeding with Rio, whether Doha had got through or not. And with five, i still don't think it would have made any difference whatesoever to the final winner.

Now, IF there had been a unlikely four city final minus Rio, it would have perhaps opened up the contest for Chicago. It was going to be the western hemisphere's year. Madrid wouldn't have won a hosting straight after London, and Tokyo would have been unlikely so soon after Beijing.

• 2 weeks later...

Why wouldn't they have gone with 5? A four horse final field is more the exception to the more recent trend of summer shortlists. And considering they still went with Rio to the shortlist while dropping slightly higher scored Doha I think shows there was little risk of them NOT proceeding with Rio, whether Doha had got through or not. And with five, i still don't think it would have made any difference whatesoever to the final winner.

Now, IF there had been a unlikely four city final minus Rio, it would have perhaps opened up the contest for Chicago. It was going to be the western hemisphere's year. Madrid wouldn't have won a hosting straight after London, and Tokyo would have been unlikely so soon after Beijing.

Interesting, chicago.

Archived