GDL 2011 Closing Ceremony Livechat

Ikarus360

I dunno if you noticed but i think Guadalajara 2011 started a trend for the closing ceremonies. The PASO flag was never handed over on a pole but only the flag alone(at least for the last 30 years). Also, PASO flag changed again (it seems their flag changes all the time at every Pan Ams :lol: ) so the ODEPA PASO words are just above the logo and arround it.

indianapolis87_handoveropeningfull.jpg

Handover of the PASO flag at Indianapolis 1987 opening.

PS: Correction. The ODEPA PASO words are now below the logo, not above.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guadalajara may have been dubbed the best but ours were THE largest-almost-olympic-level Pan American Games which model Toronto's gonna follow! Deal with it Raña! HAHAHA! :D

Guadalajara was a passionate and colorful host and these games were amazing to watch. Jalisco truly embraced the spirit of the games like no others. Kudos, cabrones!

Now 'three little birds'

Guadalajara may have been dubbed the best but ours were THE largest-almost-olympic-level Pan American Games which model Toronto's gonna follow! Deal with it Raña! HAHAHA! :D

Guadalajara was a passionate and colorful host and these games were amazing to watch. Jalisco truly embraced the spirit of the games like no others. Kudos, cabrones!

Now 'three little birds'

I don't remember Rio 2007 (due to the lack of coverage :( ) but that is the vibe I get as well.

Well i had the chance to attend to a lot of the venues and competitions :S so i guess it changed my life for the past 15 days :( !!

That's EXACTLY what I felt when the 2007 games ended and I missed so much the atmosphere and excitement we had back in those days during the past 2 weeks.

News from the Future

Severe delays in venue construction for the 2019 Kingston Games

The organizing committee mitigated media declarations: 'don't worry about a thing. 'Cause every little thing is gonna be all right.'

They had the commonwealth games so anything is possible.

Yeah but that was almost half a century ago :P but they kinda deserve it because of their contribution in athletics.

Ricky Martin takes the stage, and it seems he will close the show

And T-t-t-thats all folks. Guadalajara 2011 is history. The transmission ends with the Logo of both PASO and Guadalajara 2011 and the PASO anthem.

Thanks to everyone :) ! Adios Guadalajara! Thank you for these wonderful 16 days. And Hello/Bonjour Toronto 2015. I hope Canada makes an awesome Pan Am games like the ones that have ended today.

And T-t-t-thats all folks. Guadalajara 2011 is history. The transmission ends with the Logo of both PASO and Guadalajara 2011 and the PASO anthem.

Thanks to everyone :) ! Adios Guadalajara! Thank you for these wonderful 16 days. And Hello/Bonjour Toronto 2015. I hope Canada makes an awesome Pan Am games like the ones that have ended today.

They ended it so abruptly. :blink:

Nice games, dare I say it the Vancouver level almost. Certainly has helped Guadalajara show it can stage the Olympics. See you in 2017 for the WAC.

Archived