Sign in to follow this  
Ikarus360

GDL 2011 Closing Ceremony Livechat

The last time an athlete from the home country won the gold medal in the marathon event was in 2006 for Italy.

And now the brazilian anthem :)

A tribute to the volunteers (just like in Rio 2007 closing).

Guadalajara was great hosting the Pan American Games and with a good budget compared to Rio 2007. Looking forward to Toronto 2015. As a big fan of Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games, I think the canadians will do a great job hosting the next Pan Am games. ;)

Time for the speeches (i hope they aren't long) and the handover.

Guadalajara was great hosting the Pan American Games and with a good budget compared to Rio 2007. Looking forward to Toronto 2015. As a big fan of Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games, I think the canadians will do a great job hosting the next Pan Am games. ;)

I have a feeling the 2015 Games will not be good as Guadalajara but will be good. :lol:

Time for the speeches (i hope they aren't long) and the handover.

There is a joke in some brazilian media circles that Mr. Raña always looks a little "drunk" in those speeches. :P

Well, they shown today is not impossible. I mean, if Rio got them why Guadalajara can't? They can host the YOG as well.

I have a feeling the 2015 Games will not be good as Guadalajara but will be good. :lol:

Why? :o We all know Toronto will use the games to showcase the potential for a future Olympic bid. :D

Well, they shown today is not impossible. I mean, if Rio got them why Guadalajara can't? They can host the YOG as well.

Guadalajara probably will be the next new frontier for the IOC in the Americas. When that is anyone's guess.

Why? :o We all know Toronto will use the games to showcase the potential for a future Olympic bid. :D

He wants to show how humble he is after the long 15 days we had in the other thread... :P

Toronto can easily surpass Guadalajara, though. And I would really like to see Canada hosting a summer games again.

• Like 1

In a comp between Guadalajara and Toronto for the next games in North America, Canada is ways ahead...

I can't see Mexico beating a Canadian bid for Olympic Games in a near future...

These games with the fan enthusiasm sold me. The venues will be much bigger in Toronto and Toronto does not support any thing deemed a minor event (Pan Ams are compared to Olympics). For ex, the AHL (second tier of hockey) struggles to attract 2,000 fans a game.

The Pan Ams can be like the 2007 fifa u-20 world cup or be a complete disaster. I hope for the previous one.

I would like to send congrats for our fellow Ikarus360 for all your online contributions regarding the Games. ;)

Guadalajara has officialy surpassed Rio 2007.

Mario Vazquez Raña has called Guadalajara 2011 the Best Games Ever.

Guadalajara has officialy surpassed Rio 2007.

Mario Vazquez Raña has called Guadalajara 2011 the Best Games Ever.

Did he said this during Santo Domingo 2003 handover ceremony?

I would like to send congrats for our fellow Ikarus360 for all your online contributions regarding the Games. ;)

Vazquez speech is sooooooooooo long and boring.