GDL 2011 Closing Ceremony Livechat

Ikarus360

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto can easily surpass Guadalajara, though. And I would really like to see Canada hosting a summer games again.

Off course to erase the embarrassment of Montreal. As for surpassing not sure about that. At the beginning of the games I would have said that, but after I can't say that.

In a comp between Guadalajara and Toronto for the next games in North America, Canada is ways ahead...

I can't see Mexico beating a Canadian bid for Olympic Games in a near future...

Guadalajara showed us they can host a major event, particularly regading security as Mexico struggles with very serious issues. But if 2024 summer games came to North America, I can see Canada hosting again beating Mexico or USA bids.

Guadalajara showed us they can host a major event, particularly regading security as Mexico struggles with very serious issues. But if 2024 summer games came to North America, I can see Canada hosting again beating Mexico or USA bids.

The next winter host outside Europe is likely USA for sure. So that helps Toronto.

I watched a very normal PanAms, everything went OK with some minor problems (as all PanAms have) and nice enthusiasm from Mexicans...

But, in terms of money, venues and nation itself I see Canada ways ahead of Mexico... Still, between the three from North America, Mexico is the one who is waiting more to host the games again.

These games with the fan enthusiasm sold me. The venues will be much bigger in Toronto and Toronto does not support any thing deemed a minor event (Pan Ams are compared to Olympics). For ex, the AHL (second tier of hockey) struggles to attract 2,000 fans a game.

The Pan Ams can be like the 2007 fifa u-20 world cup or be a complete disaster. I hope for the previous one.

Hmmmm I also hope for the best! And yes, the Mexican fan enthusiasm sold me too. :D

Not a band handover, i quite liked it

And now the flame will extinguish with Cielito Lindo

Sergio Bustamante art has taken life (for case you dont know, he is a famous artist from Guadalajara)

This reminds me of Torino 2006 carnivale XD

Archived