Sign in to follow this  
Ikarus360

GDL 2011 Closing Ceremony Livechat

Well, the games are finishing in matter of hours so I opened the traditional livechat thread for the CC :)

PS: For what i've been reading Toronto 2015 handover will be a representation of the travel that does the Monarch Butterfly from Canada parks to Mexico because of the cold weather between november-march in the country.

Well, the games are finishing in matter of hours so I opened the traditional livechat thread for the CC :)

PS: For what i've been reading Toronto 2015 handover will be a representation of the travel that does the Monarch Butterfly from Canada parks to Mexico because of the cold weather between november-march in the country.

+ Florence K will sing Canadian anthem and it will have a "celebration of all cultures coming together, as they do in Toronto, with Canada's Aboriginal, francophone, Caribbean and Latin roots"

+ Florence K will sing Canadian anthem and it will have a "celebration of all cultures coming together, as they do in Toronto, with Canada's Aboriginal, francophone, Caribbean and Latin roots"

Florence K? Haven't heard much of her, but after hearing some music from her in Youtube it doesn't sounds bad :)

At least Quebec won't complain for being "excluded" like in 2010 :lol:

I don't remember Torino now but in this kind of situation O Canada is performed with bilingual lyrics, am I right?

Transmissions are beggining here. The giant 360° screen is covering the stage. I wonder what are they planning

I don't remember Torino now but in this kind of situation O Canada is performed with bilingual lyrics, am I right?

Torino was bilingual with worst rendition of the anthem I have ever seen. :lol: However, PASO regulations state only Spanish and English may be used? so I am not too sure.

People are dancing to the tune of Rock Party Anthem...o_O

Oops, sorry, that was the preshow. Countdown for the official transmission begins..

As usual, they're showing a recopilation of the 16 days of competence before the beggining of the closing

As usual, they're showing a recopilation of the 16 days of competence before the beggining of the closing

I want to see that. :( So it starts 9:00 local time?

Can someone please put links to feed here so in case CBC starts not working I have something to look at. :lol:

Florence K? Haven't heard much of her, but after hearing some music from her in Youtube it doesn't sounds bad :)

At least Quebec won't complain for being "excluded" like in 2010 :lol:

She was chosen, because she knows Spanish I believe.

^^they never took away the aerostat globe so that helped, i guess :P

^^they never took away the aerostat globe so that helped, i guess :P

I guess but that is amazing no matter what. :D

We will also be hearing the Brazilian anthem today I believe for the marathon medal ceremony. Not sure though.

Well...at least she didn't did a mistake in the anthem like Vicente Fernandez :lol:

No countdown :blink: and they're showing moments of the games in the 360 screen

Looks like i was right :P and now the entrance of the athletes

The monochrome PASO logo in the middle looks neat