Oslo 2022

kernowboy

It may well be that the NFF will brush off plans for a new National Stadium what either Helsinki joining Stockholm and Copenhagen having new or updated digs

The stadium was planned to be located right next to one of the alternative Olympic Villages. Nevertheless it was dropped in 2010.

groruddalen-stadion.jpg

A better overview of the venue plan:

Oslo cluster ("Games in the city"). All events except the alpine events and bobsleigh luge and skeleton, All venues connected with Metro, Trains or buses:

qbsb.png

OSL International airport Gardermoen (35 km North from Olympic Village, New terminal under construction and will be completed in 2017)):

nye-osl-gardermoen-ill-team-t-osl-bredde

And of course the currently under construction Intercity connection between Oslo and Lillehammer (200 km/h)

Intercity%20IC-triangelet.jpg%20(mob480)

20131115122754911_3.jpg

Lillehammer (Mountain) Cluster, Alpine events + bobsleigh, luge and skeleton:

6dv5.png

Edited by NorwayOlympics

A better overview of the venue plan:

Oslo cluster ("Games in the city"). All events except the alpine events and bobsleigh luge and skeleton, All venues connected with Metro, Trains or buses:

OSL International airport Gardermoen (35 km North from Olympic Village, New terminal under construction and will be completed in 2017)):

Oslo cluster looks so great.I think it is very fine sample.

I have a general and simple question.We all know that abundant snowfall is essential to every WOG.Trains can drive melting iven if there were some snow on the rail.But what to do if there'd be too much snow unexpectedly around airport?

Oslo cluster looks so great.I think it is very fine sample.

I have a general and simple question.We all know that abundant snowfall is essential to every WOG.Trains can drive melting iven if there were some snow on the rail.But what to do if there'd be too much snow unexpectedly around airport?

Oslo Airport is the most prepared airport in Europe during winter times with top class equipment and almost no cancellations. In Norway we have an idiom: "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes"

Osl_834.jpg

Pressefoto_deising_stor_tcm181-72581.jpg

Nobody said Tokyo - wahtever....was "too far."

No, but they did say "been there, done that" like you're doing with Oslo. Not to mention how many tried to used the Fukushima nonsense against them, too.

I don't see Krakow or Oslo as being "poor' choices over Sweden. Not at all.

I never said that they would be. Especially in Oslo's case. You're the one who's undermining Oslo in favor of Krakow.

Of course. It's true. We've seen the trolls and Vetti. NEW folk tales already, please!!

Well, again, it's what many said about "boring" Tokyo, too. And yet that's exactly what the IOC chose. Sure, we can say now that Madrid & Istanbul "didn't seem right", but we could also say that about any of the 2022 hopeful wannabes, except 'of course' Oslo & Stockholm; two strong, traditional winter sport, wealthy nations. It'd be silly to write the Norwegian's off simply due to "been there, done that".

But have you seen the Vikings? ;)

The Viking ship-house in Oslo:

Vikingskip_p__Bygd__813399i.jpg

Or the "Scream":

scream-on-bridge500.jpg

Well, the VIkings yes...in the hand-off at Albertville.

And The Scream, well it disappeared on the night of the Opening Ceremony in 1994 when all of Norway was glued to the TV, including the guards at the National Museum. Hey wait -- that might make a good Opening Ceremony episode. ;)

• Like 1

Oslo Airport is the most prepared airport in Europe during winter times with top class equipment and almost no cancellations. In Norway we have an idiom: "There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes"

Wow you can solve any winter disasters ;) .

But have you seen the Vikings? ;)

I know about Viking. In my country the word "Viking" also means "buffet",buffet style lunch,dinner and even there's cake Viking(cake buffet).

image picture;

https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=%E3%83%90%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AD%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0&hl=ja&rlz=1T4GGHP_jaJP473JP473&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mJ6SUrCyCJCclQXMwIH4Aw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=984&bih=732

This the result how Japanese imaged Viking in our mind;Viking is brave and bold,and they eat a lot accompanying their fellows. Anyway Japanese "Viking" style is very popular and beloved by the people of all generations :lol: .

Well, the VIkings yes...in the hand-off at Albertville.

And The Scream, well it disappeared on the night of the Opening Ceremony in 1994 when all of Norway was glued to the TV, including the guards at the National Museum. Hey wait -- that might make a good Opening Ceremony episode. ;)

A few ideas for an opening ceremony

1. The maritime superpower Norway: The norwegian Oil adventure began with the construction of the first searching-rig at Akers mekaniske verksted (Probable site of the opening ceremony)

2. Norwegian fishing and seafood industry

3. A nation of explorers and pioneers: Roald Amundsen (the first man to reach the South Pole), Fridtjof Nansen, Thor Heyerdahl (Kon-Tiki)

4. Vikings (Oseberg and Gokstad Viking ships) and early norwegian history

5. Oslo: The cradle of organized wintersport (Holmenkollen)

6. The Scream and Edvard Munch (I think this scene could be spectacular)

7. A nation of peace and diplomacy: (In accordance with the olympic ideals, I know that the Nobel peace prize has become controversial in the latest years, but still there are few countries in the world which put so much efforts and fundings on foreign aid, humanitarian help, diplomacy and peace negotiations)

etc..

601953_493552670694460_1432414849_n.png

Edited by NorwayOlympics

We are prepared for that too :P

He should carry national flag in opening ceremony :lol: +Surströmming +mascot characters should be the man of the painting,"the scream". It will be the most confused and chaotic opening ceremony in Olympic history.