I think it's totally possible that Paris, Rome, Berlin/Hamburg will all sit out the race.

Paris is unenthused, clearly preferring a World Expo, and the mayor seems pretty negative about the Games. Rome's financial situation is not improved and the government doesn't seem enthusiastic. Germany appears to be set to host Euro 2024 and by Olympic law cannot host the Games in the same year.

Maybe one or more of them will turn things around, but at this point I see no reason to expect a bid from any of them, much less all three.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say I'm surprised by the intensity of some posters' disregard for Oslo. I really don't see it as "been there, done that." What I see is that the IOC has taken two big gambles with the Wint

This statement is incredibly angry and off-putting. The IOC ought to say "mea culpa." Instead they're lashing out at the Norwegians. This isn't going to fix anything and it shows just how out of tou

So 1 of them says that France and Italy may not bid. And the other feels compelled to respond by saying pretty much the same thing, just worded a little differently...

And many Europeans IOC members are not eurocentric as well the days of eurocentric is over like how it is with Italians in the Roman Catholic Church leadership times are changing and I think we could see Europe going longer then 16 years with out the SOPG and WOPG. If the Caribbean host the games it will be in Miami USA and Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. I think for the next Asian SOPG it will be going to South East Asia in Bangkok Thailand most likely year 2032 the OPG are an global event now.

With the European Games taking place that will be feasible for most European cities now past host countries like Finland, Belgium and Sweden are still small for the OPG now and Amsterdam is to small to host it alone now. For the 21st century SOPG it only countries like Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, UK, Russia and Ukraine maybe Austria and Hungary could host the SOPG in Europe.

And many Europeans IOC members are not eurocentric as well the days of eurocentric is over like how it is with Italians in the Roman Catholic Church leadership times are changing and I think we could see Europe going longer then 16 years with out the SOPG and WOPG. If the Caribbean host the games it will be in Miami USA and Santo Domingo Dominican Republic. I think for the next Asian SOPG it will be going to South East Asia in Bangkok Thailand most likely year 2032 the OPG are an global event now.

With the European Games taking place that will be feasible for most European cities now past host countries like Finland, Belgium and Sweden are still small for the OPG now and Amsterdam is to small to host it alone now. For the 21st century SOPG it only countries like Germany, Greece, Spain, France, Italy, UK, Russia and Ukraine maybe Austria and Hungary could host the SOPG in Europe.

Ukraine? Austria? You have no idea.

Caribbean won't Host anytime soon. Miami isn't in the Caribbean by the way. Thailand will not Host.

Oh for crying out loud, GCL.. how many cities are going to host the 2032 Olympics? The answer is 1, not 12 like you seem to think. Yes, the Olympics (The OPG? So we need to include the Paralympics in that as well?) are becoming more global. Doesn't mean they're going to go to an exotic new locale every time out as we discovered with the 2020 vote.

Remember again.. the Summer Olympics are once every 4 years. That means there will only be 25 Olympic host cities in the 21st century. 5 of them have already been decided. That means they are only 20 slots left. If we're generous to Europe and say that they'll get 8 of those 20 slots (which is probably more than we'll see), that means by default at least 2 of those countries you mentioned will not get a Summer Olympics in the 21st Century and will have to wait until the 22nd Century. And who knows what the world will look like that far out.

Ukraine? Austria? You have no idea.

Caribbean won't Host anytime soon. Miami isn't in the Caribbean by the way. Thailand will not Host.

Kiev Ukraine could host an great games in the far future not any time soon and I said maybe Austria could be able to host the SOPG, Miami USA is regarded as an Caribbean city the gateway to the Caribbean. Bangkok Thailand is very likely to host an SOPG it's got lots of sporting events history, tourist and sports capital of South East Asia and a global transportation hub the city is also going under an massive public transportation development.

Kiev Ukraine could host an great games in the far future not any time soon and I said maybe Austria could be able to host the SOPG, Miami USA is regarded as an Caribbean city the gateway to the Caribbean. Bangkok Thailand is very likely to host an SOPG it's got lots of sporting events history, tourist and sports capital of South East Asia and a global transportation hub the city is also going under an massive public transportation development.

funny-beyond-failure.jpg

• Like 1

No they won't. Ukraine, Thailand, Peru, Kazakhstan, Indonesia etc will not be Hosting an Olympics.

Countries that have a realistic chance of Hosting an Olympic Games in the 21st Century or who are capable of Hosting an Olympic Games in the 21st Century:

Summer:

Europe:

England. (London).

Germany. (Berlin or Hamburg).

Holland. (Amsterdam).

France. (Paris).

Italy. (Rome).

Spain. (Barcelona or Madrid).

Hungary. (Budapest).

Azerbaijan. (Baku).

Greece. (Athens). Greece won't Host for a long Time again, but they did Host in 2004.

Russia. (Moscow or St Petersburg). Although, they probably won't get chosen to Host for a while.

Africa:

South Africa. (Durban or maybe Cape Town).

Morocco. (Maybe Casablanca, but not anytime soon).

Asia:

United Arab Emirates. (Dubai or Abu Dhabi).

China. (Beijing or Shanghai).

Japan. (Tokyo or maybe Osaka).

India. (Delhi).

South Korea. (Seoul, Incheon or Busan).

Singapore. (Singapore).

North America:

United States Of America. (New York City, Chicago or Los Angeles).

Canada. (Toronto).

Mexico. (Mexico City or Guadalajara).

Oceania:

Australia. (Sydney or Melbourne).

New Zealand. (Auckland).

South America:

Brazil. (Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo or Brasilia).

Chile. (Santiago).

Winter:

Europe:

Spain. (Barcelona).

Germany. (Munich).

Sweden. (Stockholm).

Norway. (Oslo).

Poland. (Krakow).

France. (Albertville).

Switzerland. (Bern).

Russia. (Sochi).

Asia:

China. (Beijing).

Japan. (Sapporo or Nagano).

South Korea. (PyeongChang).

North America:

United States Of America. (Denver or Salt Lake City).

Canada. (Calgary or Vancouver).

* London, England is capable of Hosting, but we don't have the climate for Winter Sports.

These are the Cities I believe has a realistic chance of Hosting a 21st Century Olympics or is capable of Hosting a 21st Century Olympics.

Tony outdid himself now in Stupidity I thought he would of been pushing an Yorkshire England winter games now he is pushing for an London England WOPG no wonder why he wanted Scotland to remain in the UK it's all coming to sight and plan now for Tony in his plans. London will not host the WOPG.

Tony outdid himself now in Stupidity I thought he would of been pushing an Yorkshire England winter games now he is pushing for an London England WOPG no wonder why he wanted Scotland to remain in the UK it's all coming to sight and plan now for Tony in his plans. London will not host the WOPG.

Yes he did. But you're the worst judge of that (ir the best, depending on perspective).

• Like 1

No they won't. Ukraine, Thailand, Peru, Kazakhstan, Indonesia etc will not be Hosting an Olympics.

Kazakhstan won't be hosting an Olympics? Why because of Sochi? Sure, they might not be hosting anytime soon, but when the IOC becomes more and more desperate for host cities, even this "high school" approach of an Almaty bid sounds enticing. They will host eventually. Same goes for Baku, when the IOC gets annoyed of their nagging for the umpteenth time, they might give them a games so they can shut up once and for all, perhaps even before Istanbul hosts!

There's a lot of stupidity to go around here. Tony has hardly cornered the market on that one..

pot-kettle.jpg

Kazakhstan won't be hosting an Olympics? Why because of Sochi? Sure, they might not be hosting anytime soon, but when the IOC becomes more and more desperate for host cities, even this "high school" approach of an Almaty bid sounds enticing. They will host eventually. Same goes for Baku, when the IOC gets annoyed of their nagging for the umpteenth time, they might give them a games so they can shut up once and for all, perhaps even before Istanbul hosts!

Wonderful.. now you're starting to sound like GCL. Once every 4 year there's a Summer Olympics. Only so many of them to go around. Baku can nag them for the remainder of the 21st Century. Doesn't mean they'll get one on that basis.

Wonderful.. now you're starting to sound like GCL.

Starting to sound like him? He's been advocating the crazy likes of Baku-ku (not to mention his other loony-tune fantasies like Perth, Edmonton & let's not forget the lunacy of a third Lake Placid run) for years! Long before GCL came into the picture here.

Once every 4 year there's a Summer Olympics. Only so many of them to go around. Baku can nag them for the remainder of the 21st Century. Doesn't mean they'll get one on that basis.

Yep - "nagging" for a Games doesn't necessarily get you a Games. All one has to do is just ask the likes of Madrid, Paris, Istanbul, Detroit, Sweden, Switzerland & Austria, etc & how that strategy has worked out for them.

Also the "more & more desperate for host cities" angle doesn't exactly make for a compelling & alluring one, either. Just bcuz all you're left with is chop liver or a bologna sandwich, doesn't necessarily mean that you're gonna eat it. But I thought that this was the Oslo 2022 thread. Funny how these things work! :-P

Shut up Please. I meant Terrain and not Climate. Who are You to call anyone stupid after claiming Lima, Anchorage, Edmonton, Almaty, Thailand or Indonesia could Host?

I still think Scotland wouldn't survive without England. I didn't particularly want Scotland to keep relying on us. End of discussion. I don't want a discussion about a Scottish Independence Referendum that's happened. No arguing over that Please.

Christ almighty Tony, you are a flipping moron.

No.