Oslo 2022

kernowboy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oslo passes through the governmental external financial quality assurance process

- No worth to mention weaknesses, states the economists behind the report.

IMG_1065w.jpg%20(500x333).jpg

The Quality Assurance Committee, presented today the inspection report of Oslo Municipality's Olympic application to the Minister of Culture Thorhild Widwey (H).

They have quality assured figures in the application, which adds up to a limit of state guarantee of 33.7 billion NOK.
"The report states that it did not found significant weaknesses in the application. Quality assurance has estimated that the Olympics / Paralympics in Oslo in 2022 will cost the government 21.7 billion NOK in grants for income and funding from private deducted. The size of the state's warranty obligation is estimated at 35.1 billion NOK. The economic cost of organizing the Olympics / Paralympics in Oslo in 2022 is estimated at 15.9 billion NOK, before the non-quantified effects of the Olympics / Paralympics are considered," - states the press release from the department of sport and culture.
- We have made ​​some minor adjustments, but the figures correspond to a large extent, says Anders Magnus Løken, head of the quality assurance team.
Net public financial support needed for the Olympics will be between 18 and 23 billion NOK, according to the committee.
- It is not so natural leap becomes large. After all, there is still over eight years to the Games.
Not everything can be quantified
The Committee has also taken into account the things you can not put exact numbers.
- Things are not necessarily less important, although they can not be quantified, says Løken.
The committee estimated industry effects to 1.8 billion norwegian kroners. Among the effects are not quantified the folk festival, health effects, sports as a common security / emergency response and environmental impact / natural environment.
The report states that the value of the non quantified additional effects must be considered to over 15.9 billion kroner for the Økern option to be economically profitable and to over 18.1 billion kroner in order for it to be economically profitable deltakerlandsbu on Kjelstrup.
Central tools
Now the Government will consider the report carefully.
- The report will be a key part of the basis for the government. The OL / PL is a very comprehensive arrangement with a significant cost to the public. Then it is very important to have an external review of the application so that we get a good cost picture before we make a decision, says Culture Minister Thorhild Widwey.
Number of cutters have concluded that income and expense framework it is planned to be realistic.
- We will now need some time to familiarize ourselves thoroughly in the report. I can not say anything more now about how the government is considering OL application, or when a decision will be taken, says culture minister.
The following companies conducted the quality assurance mission: DNV GL AS, ÅF Advansia AS Economics and Business Research Ltd
Could stopped all
A similar signal from the Norwegian Veritas today as for Tromsø 2018 in 2008, would probably put an equally effective end to the application this time.
Russian Sochi Games are just around the corner which will end with a price tag of around 320 million NOK. There is a huge multiplication from the original starting point.
Critics have stated that it is likely that Oslo Olympics also will end in a juicy budget crack, like what happened to Holmenkollen World Championships in 2011 and Olympics in Lillehammer.

Norway's opening ceremony will be so excited as ever!! I think I talked about this with Norwegian user here..whale,strong smell canned fish,the mascot of "the scream";you'll see these in 2022.How could this be boring? B)

No. Not necessarily. I am sure NOT all IOC members want to go back to Norway.

'Not all' IOC members want to go to any one given place. There's never a city that gets 100% of the vote.

This Norway bid is over-rated and boring.

Isn't that what many said about Tokyo too. :-D :-P But Oslo is really second fiddle in this particular race. They're a good solid option if the real compelling one still brings some doubts to the IOC. Just like "boring" Tokyo. lol

/\/\ Yeah, I mean...I don't want to go back to Norway again. Been there; done that.

Would you agree that maybe Oslo would get more support if Stockholm/Are pulled out for some reason?

Maybe yes; maybe no. But NOT a Scandinavian flavor again. Something else...

Well I just had a thorough look through the Oslo 2022 Winter Olympics Bid Website and I noticed there is no information on Ceremony Venue(s)?

Maybe they know that the Ceremonies/Games won't return to Norway?? :lol:B)

You are legendary. As I keep being told, they have more chance than Lviv and Almaty.

As I keep being told, they have more chance than Lviv and Almaty.

This race is really between Stockholm & Oslo. Unless both (or even one of them) happen to bow out, then that would change the entire dynamics of the 2022 race. Stockholm leaving would mean a virtual Oslo win. Both leaving would mean a showdown between Beijing & Krakow.

This race is really between Stockholm & Oslo. Unless both (or even one of them) happen to bow out, then that would change the entire dynamics of the 2022 race. Stockholm leaving would mean a virtual Oslo win. Both leaving would mean a showdown between Beijing & Krakow.

I have to agree. Technically Stockholm/Are and Oslo/Lillehammer Bid are so strong, and I can't believe how naive I was to think a few days ago that Lviv had a chance.

Well, I think it's Oslo's to lose still, with Stickholm being second fiddle. The others totally rely on both Scandi governments to pull the brakes.

It is a very close call. Both Bids are so Technically Strong and both are Amazing Cities. It is all to play for and even though I am supporting Stockholm/Are, an Oslo/Lillehammer win wouldn't dissapoint me too much.

While I agree that Oslo is a good solid option, don't you think that the "been there, don't that" angle (as Baron likes to call it) puts a bit of a damper on the Norwegian bid. That's why I can't say that it's "Oslo's to lose". If it wasn't for their previous two hostings (& the last one being as recent as '94) then I'd have to agree.

While I agree that Oslo is a good solid option, don't you think that the "been there, don't that" angle (as Baron likes to call it) puts a bit of a damper on the Norwegian bid. That's why I can't say that it's "Oslo's to lose". If it wasn't for their previous two hostings (& the last one being as recent as '94) then I'd have to agree.

Of course it's not exactly groundbreaking to pick Oslo, but in a race where all others are various sorts of groundbreakers and you yourself also pointed out that we've had several non-trad hists back to back, I really think the "conservative" approach, i.e. Oslo will succeed here.

Needless to say I still regret the Munich drop out...

Of course it's not exactly groundbreaking to pick Oslo, but in a race where all others are various sorts of groundbreakers and you yourself also pointed out that we've had several non-trad hists back to back, I really think the "conservative" approach, i.e. Oslo will succeed here.

Needless to say I still regret the Munich drop out...

I do agree with you on Munich but what specifically do you think Munich would of had this time that they never had in the 2018 race?

I mentioned it before and I'll do it again. So far Oslo can win this easily (which is why I kinda wanted Munich to enter since it would had been more entertaining). Been already done before? Maybe, but I don't really see a third consequtive winter olympics in Asia (Almaty is Asia, pretty much) and with the problems Lyiv and it's country are facing right now, plus the huge distances of venues of Krakow and Stockholm...

Oslo is not perfect, though. Their biggest flaw is that they lack more popular support (even though they won the referendum they did it by just 55% as there is considerable hostility towards the idea of hosting the games). So they better start acting and campaigning now to win the approval of more people (many think one of the factors that killed the first Tokyo bid for 2016 was the lack of popular support)

Stockholm could do a big surprise in this race, but I'm still not convinced with the huge distance between Are and the swedish capital (700 km) even if Are will just host 4 events.

If I was Sweden I would had picked Ostersund, then again, that city lost a lot of times in the past (pretty much the Istambul of the WOG), so...

Oslo would probably be a distant third if Munich and a Swiss bid materialized. Now given the field, it's hard to argue with Oslo not being a favorite. The test will be if the Norwegian government agrees to give full support. If not, I could see the IOC looking to Stockholm and while I agree the distance is a problem, I could see the IOC overlooking that and going with he "safest option" as they did with the 2020 vote. If Stockholm and Oslo both fall apart because of a lack of government funding, then as crazy as it sounds, I could see them going with Beijing.

Back to Oslo, I see on the website they are leaning towards Ulleval as the site for the opening ceremonies. Seems like a rather bland choice although maybe it would finally enable Norway to either increase Ulleval's capacity or rebuild it entirely. Personally, I'd still like to see them use Holmenkollen.

Oslo would probably be a distant third if Munich and a Swiss bid materialized. Now given the field, it's hard to argue with Oslo not being a favorite. The test will be if the Norwegian government agrees to give full support. If not, I could see the IOC looking to Stockholm and while I agree the distance is a problem, I could see the IOC overlooking that and going with he "safest option" as they did with the 2020 vote. If Stockholm and Oslo both fall apart because of a lack of government funding, then as crazy as it sounds, I could see them going with Beijing.

Back to Oslo, I see on the website they are leaning towards Ulleval as the site for the opening ceremonies. Seems like a rather bland choice although maybe it would finally enable Norway to either increase Ulleval's capacity or rebuild it entirely. Personally, I'd still like to see them use Holmenkollen.

Stockholm/Are to strengthen their Bid, should propose some sort of High Speed Railway between Stockholm and Are to decrease journey times.

Archived