Oslo 2022

kernowboy

Gangwon, u keep making that claim "...most agree..." This has the feel of a "I made it up to sound authoritative..."

Can you please share with me where you got this? The facts supporting this 'fantasy claim', true, hard proof and THEN I will believe it -- but NOT before then.

Athensfan actually said it, but I do agree with him.

I got this from following Pyeongchang's winter bids since 2002. Each race had its own dynamic. You can be at the right place at the right time, or you can be **** out of luck, no matter how good you are. Instinct, baby. You can believe me now, or you can believe me in 2015.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gangwon, u keep making that claim "...most agree..." Who are the "most"? This has the feel of a "I made it up to sound authoritative..."

Can you please share with me where you got this? Has the IOC Executive Board spoken out as such? Have the winter federations already put in their input in a race that's barely begun?? Where are the facts supporting this 'fantasy claim' -- true, hard proof and THEN I will believe it -- but NOT before then.

The sheer disappointment with Bach, Redie & Gosper over Munich's & St. Moritz's exits should be enough "hard proof". But when is there really "hard proof" with any of this. You know by now that most of this is hypothetical based on trends & precedence.

You're a barrel of laughs yourself. Stockholm is not an "odd" bid. The other newbies are. You don't have to be 'convinced' of anything, since no one is trying to convince you.

What's so hilarious about thinking Oslo will probably win 2022? All the rest of this is just arguing about the ranking of the losers. Pretty pointless really.

Isn't it obvious that traditional Europe would be a nice follow-up to Sochi and Pyeongchang? For a couple years the majority of posters on these boards have been saying it's a good time for a traditional European host. Surely you haven't missed that. Of course GB is not the IOC, but in this case I think we're just picking up on the obvious.

Well, then that means Stockholm or Oslo.

1. Isn't it obvious that traditional Europe would be a nice follow-up to Sochi and Pyeongchang? For a couple years the majority of posters on these boards have been saying it's a good time for a traditional European host. Surely you haven't missed that. Of course GB is not the IOC, but in this case I think we're just picking up on the obvious.

Since geopolitics are the only point you challenged I'm guessing you've conceded the other objections.

1. :lol: I was hoping you wouldn't say that...but you did!! :lol:

(My multiple "quote" function isn't working.)

Bollocks...That's what I said. Look at it!! ;)

2. No, I don't have the time or the patience to challenge the other issues. ANd NO, I have NOT conceded the other objections. If I were to hedge my bets today, even with the 6, I would place it on Krakow -- and that's before all the bids have tweaked their portfolios.

Athensfan actually said it, but I do agree with him.

I got this from following Pyeongchang's winter bids since 2002. Each race had its own dynamic. You can be at the right place at the right time, or you can be **** out of luck, no matter how good you are. Instinct, baby. You can believe me now, or you can believe me in 2015.

No. I don't. I've got more years playing this game than 2 of you combined. ;)

What's so hilarious about thinking Oslo will probably win 2022? All the rest of this is just arguing about the ranking of the losers. Pretty pointless really.

There's nothing wrong with you thinking Oslo will probably win & I never said that there was. I'm just challenging your viewpoint on Stockholm against the rest of the 2022 lot.

All the rest of this is just arguing about the ranking of the losers. Pretty pointless really.

You're the one that's bringing that up, though. I disagree with it. So no, it's not "pointless" when many don't agree with you.

The sheer disappointment with Bach, Redie & Gosper over Munich's & St. Moritz's exits should be enough "hard proof". But when is there really "hard proof" with any of this. You know by now that most of this is hypothetical based on trends & precedence.

PRECISELY -- but they skew at a certain point. The IOC electorate by 2015 is not exactly the same electorate that picked Sochi and Pyeong-Chang in much more limited races.

So how can I take that '...most agree...' claim seriously; thereby blowing Gangwon's bets totally out of the water? ;):D

1. :lol: I was hoping you wouldn't say that...but you did!! :lol:

(My multiple "quote" function isn't working.)

Bullocks...Bollocks...Buttocks... Bagel & Lox...blah-blah-blah. Blame that Dept. Store!! ;)

2. No, I don't have the time or the patience to challenge the other issues. ANd NO, I have NOT conceded the other objections. If I were to hedge my bets today, even with the 6, I would place it on Krakow -- and that's before all the bids have tweaked their portfolios.

No. I don't. I've got more years playing this game than 2 of you combined. ;)

Your age means you're right? Huh.

Lack of "time" to respond to objections is such powerful debating!

Like, I notice you DIDN'T pick a SINGLE winner in the 2020 Lottos here on GB.

http://www.gamesbids.com/forums/topic/23037-gamesbids-2013-ioc-session-lottofinal-predictions/page-34

How quickly we forget. ;)

P.S. And that is cold, hard PROOF...not the 'most agree; conjecture...

Had I followed the herd, I'd be a guru just like you. Fonz likes to live dangerously.

Besides, I singlehandedly was responsible for 10 IOC votes to Pyeongchang by battling Tulsa and nature. How many were you responsible for? B)

Had I followed the herd, I'd be a guru just like you. Fonz likes to live dangerously.

Besides, I singlehandedly was responsible for 10 IOC votes to Pyeongchang by battling Tulsa and nature. How many were you responsible for? B)

I think a lot of us knowingly picked long shots because the 2020 race was so boring and predictable. Why not have some fun and take a flyer?

I was responsible for the rest. :P

I think a lot of us knowingly picked long shots because the 2020 race was so boring and predictable. Why not have some fun and take a flyer?

Uh huh, right. Going by all the "boring" arguments being flung against Tokyo, many were "predicted" anyone but the Japanese.

*"Predicting" anyone but the Japanese. Hindsight is always "20/20".

Ahh, what a great era in Gamesbids history. Would like to see another all-out war!

2020 pretty much was, fending off all those nasty Castilian's & so many against "boring" Tokyo, i.e. Fukoshima, no back-to-back Asian Olympics possible, Japan's "been there, done that", so it's absolutely "hilarious" & laughable that anyone can now say that "a lot knowingly picked long shots because the 2020 race was so boring & predictable". And 2022 looks like it's shaping up in being the same way. I think that each race is, TBH. There's always passionate & bias supporters in each bidding race, & trying to be pragmatic with them never seems to work.

Archived