Cricket World Cup 2015

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a game of cricket. Unbelievable finish. Which of the Aussies & India would you rather face?

<_< Either...Doesn't matter. Glad it wasn't South Africa, just been there done that... :wacko:

Wouldn't you rather the Indians? To avoid home pitch advantage?

India would be nice as we haven't played them...But really, a Trans-Tasman superclash has a rather tantalising feel to it. ^_^

Yes it is weird, it has been going now for what seems a year and a 100 games, and the four teams that were expected to be in the semis all got their easily.

Has to be AUS vs NZ in front of 100,000 in Melbourne for the final!

Well, its up to Australia to fufill that obligation now...we've done our bit! -_-

Gutted for South Africa. Weather played a key role in that match. South Africa could have posted a much larger total if they had played a full innings.

They still scored a huge total and had 20 extra runs added to their total...The DL system always favours the side that bats first and SA were well on the way to victory...That match would've gone either way. Both side were equal.

But I will admit that if the full innings was played, SA would have made it well into the other side of 350. Remember AB de Villers was there at the end. Always dangerous.

In saying that, the Blackcaps got to 300 in 43, if the target was 360, who would doubt them to have got there.

I'm still getting over that fact that last night's match was by far better than last Saturday's...never thought it would happen like that.

:) Semi Final 2 Today.

Australia v India at the SCG, Sydney.

I wonder what the atmosphere will be like considering the animosity between the two teams at the moment. I'm giving Australia the slight advantage, not because of home venue, but because of the win/loss ratio over the last six months. Only by smidgen though.

A great blast at the end leaves Australia a good buffer of 328/5. :)

A long night ahead for India.

Looks like an unusual situation of Host v Host on Sunday?

Totally worth it!!!

:) AND THERE IT IS!!!

SUPER TRANS TASMAN UBER CLASH THIS SUNDAY!

It was always the destiny...

Host nations have won the 2015 CWC...But which one will it be?

:)

Real shame it was such a disappointing final

Meh...Still been a great ride though.

Only found out today that Vittori blew a calf muscle the day before hence his sluggishness out there.

Off to England in May for a Test and One Day series...

Overall I'm happy with CWC15 although just not as thrilling as 1992 due to it's drawn out Pool series. Disappointed that the multi timezone advantage wasn't used. Those "one match" days were annoying...could've got through the Pools quicker. Starting the tournament in mid January would've helped as it was still holidays and we would have more seats in what were "country" formatted stadiums. There were just too many gaps between Big Match days.

Still iffy over the 14 team set up...Yes Ireland made a difference but the quantity over quality debate needs to be had. Could compromise with 12 teams next time.

Archived