• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Blacks finally in front, just.

19 - 16.

Argentina still very dangerous.

And NZ finally pulls away...

26 - 16.

Still a butter fingers performance against a very accurate but starting to tire Pumas.

:)

Full time

NZL 26 - ARG 16

Heart and Soul from Argentina to be praised, will go very deep into the tournament.

New Zealand, well as that saying goes, "lots to work on". Discipline and ball handling the big two.

Sonny Bill Williams a game changer and Dan Carter's kicking the only really shining bits.

Didn't Sir Alex decide he didn't want Old Trafford to be used when they were deciding the venues, so Man Utd pulled away from hosting? I think if that hadn't happened there might be a better spread.

That may have been a factor, but a more practical issue is that Old Trafford is the traditional home of the Super League Grand Final which is played on the same night that England play Uruguay at Eastlands.

Just when I got used to USA rugby Guy.

I started to say it before, but didn't want to be on the little guy's back, and he's never been one to take advice well. But It pissed me off how he mucked it up this year. The RWC sweep is one of the two, along with the FIFA WC sweep, that has worked well and been fun here in the past. It was one of the things to look forward to here this year. But then Tony, in his desperate rush to claim sweeps as his "thing", had to wreck it by doing it half-arsed and wrong.

Don't forget about our Commonwealth Games sweep from a year ago.

Don't forget about our Commonwealth Games sweep from a year ago.

Yeah...only ever works on singular sports events...wasn't really thought out that one.

I thought about quickly pulling together a quick top twelve only s/takes last week...Japan would've missed out - woo!

Australia has finally made an appearance at RWC15.

AUSTRALIA 28 - Fiji 13.

Typically hard game when you take on Fiji...Especially in the Pool of Death. Australia looking good to possibly top the pool.

France v Romania underway at "Main Stadium Elizabeth Park"...

10mins to go and Les Blu has fired up and now pulling away through the bonus points mark.

31-6

Fulltime in "Newham".

FRANCE 38 - Romania 11.

Still it took France 60mins to crank up, and Romania really pushed hard until they simply ran out of energy.

Will make the France v Ireland clash interesting.

I can't believe they actually called it Newham - nobody calls the place that, it's Stratford, always has been, always will be :lol:

Yeah I thought so as well.

Then again in the 2011RWC, North Habour stadium was in "Auckland" instead of Albany.

Australia has finally made an appearance at RWC15.

AUSTRALIA 28 - Fiji 13.

Typically hard game when you take on Fiji...Especially in the Pool of Death. Australia looking good to possibly top the pool.

France v Romania underway at "Main Stadium Elizabeth Park"...

10mins to go and Les Blu has fired up and now pulling away through the bonus points mark.

31-6

Australia vs England is going to be a fascinating match. I think England might run over the top of Australia. England are going to be hard to beat at home.

NOT Quite!

NEW ZEALAND 58 - Namibia 14.

Admittedly a second string side that needed McCaw to come off the bench to fire up a sluggish performance against a go get'em Namibia that seem to know where to boggle the All Blacks.

TMO is a pain in the so and so!.

NOT Quite!

NEW ZEALAND 58 - Namibia 14.

Admittedly a second string side that needed McCaw to come off the bench to fire up a sluggish performance against a go get'em Namibia that seem to know where to boggle the All Blacks.

TMO is a pain in the so and so!.

Yes I am really not impressed with the TMO... The start/stop nature of these games is really off putting.

Olympic Stadium looks better than I though it would too :) (But the tunnel looks awkward, like a botch job)

Half way through a conversion into West Ham's home ground. Place does look different from the amazing stadium of 3 years ago...itself a mainly temporary layout. Those triangle light stands now inverted as part of the roof supports.

All part of the continuing high use legacy for the future.

Archived