2015 IRB Rugby World Cup

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing victory.

Not going to see anything better than that and we've still got seven weeks left. Might as well pack up and go home! :lol:

If we are in for upsets...Then Argentina will be thinking "Woo, if Japan can do it"...Makes tomorrow's first All Blacks outing a little more interesting.

Just watched the replay again...Totally awesome! :D

same. A special moment for Japanese rugby. The question is what does this result mean for South Africa? Will they bounce back by the time they play Scotland and Samoa.

A good start for France, albeit as scrappy as a scrapheap - they got what they came for :)

The SA loss to Japan has thrown that group wide open - Scotland have been coming up lately & Samoa are no pushovers. If the Boks aren't careful, it could be them going out early :o

Admitedly , not something I've liked about Japanese rugby.

In saying that, everyone is doing it and to be fair the Northern Unions are probably the worst.

You only need to look at Scotland with the likes of Sean Maitland, even Gareth Ainscombe being a possible for Wales.

same. A special moment for Japanese rugby. The question is what does this result mean for South Africa? Will they bounce back by the time they play Scotland and Samoa.

I think a vengeful South Africa will be hard to beat now. They can still top the Pool as suddenly it becomes a soon to be watched new Pool of death.

Japan scored an unbelievable victory yesterday, all other teams now wary of them, especially Samoa and Scotland.

It won't be easy for them now.

Foreign players in National teams are nothing new in Rugby. There is a criteria to be met by World Rugby (IRB) but not really an issue. All Blacks, Wales and England are classic examples of blended teams.

Courage made the difference between a draw and a win for Japan- and the lovely, very rugbyish thing is, they were doubly rewarded for it:

Springbok fans applauded the Japan team on to their bus as they travelled back to their Warwick base. Others shook Japanese fans’ hands and formed a guard of honour as they boarded trains out of the city at the end of a quite extraordinary day.

(from The Guardian)

Yeah, the sweep's not really worked this time. Might reprofile my reprofiled profile. :rolleyes:

Just when I got used to USA rugby Guy.

I started to say it before, but didn't want to be on the little guy's back, and he's never been one to take advice well. But It pissed me off how he mucked it up this year. The RWC sweep is one of the two, along with the FIFA WC sweep, that has worked well and been fun here in the past. It was one of the things to look forward to here this year. But then Tony, in his desperate rush to claim sweeps as his "thing", had to wreck it by doing it half-arsed and wrong.

Results:

WALES 54 - Uruguay 9

Strong show by Wales but some injury niggles in there to be of concern.

SAMOA 25 - United States 16

Pacific Nations Championship rugby at its best.

And now NZ v Argentina.

Argentina scores first try...

NZ 9 - Arg 7...

Oh and Argentina were playing with a Yellow card.

Argentina back at full strength and very dangerous...McCaw sinbinned for tripping.

Very disorganized All Black team.

ARG 10 - NZL 9

Gosh some clever play from Argentina...very tight, All Blacks can't get through.

And it's Halftime. ARG 13 - NZL 12.

Can't come soon enough with Argentina rampant but starting to show a hint of fatigue...

New Zealand struggling to get going with awful discipline resulting in a double sin bin, captain included.

Archived