GDL 2011 Opening Ceremony Livechat

Ikarus360

I'm satisfied with the cauldron lighting, they didn't outdo our malfunction!! Ours is still the best screw-up!

I can't even imagine what will happen in Toronto. The cauldron will not be at the stadium.

Sorry I take back worst opening ceremony I have witnessed. I saw Santo Domingo 2003 too. :lol:

What is song called?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even imagine what will happen in Toronto. The cauldron will not be at the stadium.

Sorry I take back worst opening ceremony I have witnessed. I saw Santo Domingo 2003 too. :lol:

They'll hoist someone to the top of the CN Tower where they will edge walk for a bit before thy light the spire on fire.

Ok, i'll probably put a longer review tomorrow, but I havent seen so much singing in a ceremony EVER. Not even the closing ceremonies. This kinda ruined the whole show. I dunno if it was because of the stage being small or just Fivecurrents being lazy and copying Beijing and Torino cauldrons :lol: (I hope they dont get picked again for Toronto 2015)

Some of the best projections and technology i've seen in a while, but also one of the worst performance in terms of mass people acting i've seen in the last two years

That must be the fakest cauldron lighting I've ever seen in my life.

In the other hand, amazing ceremony!

That must be the fakest cauldron lighting I've ever seen in my life. Spectacular, but fake.

In the other hand, amazing ceremony!

Ok, i'll probably put a longer review tomorrow, but I havent seen so much singing in a ceremony EVER. Not even the closing ceremonies. This kinda ruined the whole show. I dunno if it was because of the stage being small or just Fivecurrents being lazy and copying Beijing and Torino cauldrons :lol: (I hope they dont get picked again for Toronto 2015)

Some of the best projections and technology i've seen in a while, but also one of the worst performance in terms of mass people acting i've seen in the last two years

BAAM productions was picked for Toronto

BAAM productions was picked for Toronto

Yeah but for the Handover. I dont remember they got picked for their ceremonies as well D:

Also I hope Toronto does something better than Winnipeg. That OC was boring to death.

Positive impressions on GDL's OC. The Atlanta+Vancouver part was so good. Kudos for the orchestra!

But I have to say WTF was that with the girl "flying" before lighting the cauldron?!?! It was awkward as if she tried to fly and was to heavy to make it!! And the minicauldron was too little! I though it would be a blooming agave flower as the rumours were saying it would be, not that tiny cigarrette lighter!!!!

Archived