Does Anyone Want Me To Upload OC and CC clips?

Guardian

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want Me To Bring Back My OC and CC clips?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you answered "yes", where do you want me to upload them to?

• YouTube
    • Dailymotion
    • Other

Well, it has been a long time, since I had to delete my YouTube account containing a lot of Olympic OC and CC clips. I did it because I was getting warnings from YouTube about copyright infringement. And, even though I want to upload them again, I fear that the same result would come about again from YouTube or any other video sharing programs. Seeing how one YouTube subscriber got his account closed because he was uploading clips from a favorite show of mine (which, by the way, is not being shown in Canada), he eventually got another YouTube account and is really uploading every clip he had and then some.

So, what do you think? Do you think I should upload what I have?

Like Baron said, I would also like if you can upload Sarajevo and Albertville closing videos, please :)

One advise, maybe you would prefer not putting many tags or descriptions in your vids in order to avoid being caught more easily by them. If you're tired of Youtube, then i'll say you should try either Dailymotion or Vimeo

Isn't Vimeo a platform for self-produced footage only?

And if I may answer on Guardian's behalf: I believe he has no Sarajevo or Albertville footage. He only had footage of all Olympic ceremonies from the Lillehammer closing ceremony to the Athens closing ceremony back then on his profile.

Anyway, I would be very glad if you re-uploaded your ceremonial videos, Guardian. I miss them a lot and I even re-uploaded a video of yours which I had stored on my hard drive -- without any copyright infringement notifications so far (and I hope that you are OK with that):

But I would also recommend you not to add too much information to the clips. I know that you always gave very insightful and detailed information for all of your clips, but maybe that was what made the copyright watchdogs' job so easy. Maybe keywords like "Atlanta CC, pt. 2" would be sufficient. The general public would probably not notice your cips then, but at least we "insiders" would know it.

I don't know whether Dailymotion is less crowded by copyright watchdogs, so I also don't know whether that's an option.

• 3 weeks later...

That's okay, Olympian2004. Right now, I am concentrating on other matters. As long as you are not being pointed out about it, you are safe. However, it looks like you are not the only one who took this initiative. I found a couple of YouTube clips that could be copies from my old account then.

That's okay, Olympian2004. Right now, I am concentrating on other matters. As long as you are not being pointed out about it, you are safe. However, it looks like you are not the only one who took this initiative. I found a couple of YouTube clips that could be copies from my old account then.

Yes, I believe I once saw a clip of the CBC Sydney opening ceremony coverage a couple of months ago on Youtube -- that must have been one of yours, the quality appeared to be identical to your Sydney clips.

So you have put the re-upload on hold again? That's a pity.

• 1 month later...

Tikus, Guardian only has footage from the Lillehammer 1994 closing ceremony onwards.

But you can find the complete Korean broadcast of the Seoul 1988 opening ceremony here:

And there are also excerpts of the Seoul 1988 closing ceremony out there on YouTube. Especially here: http://www.youtube.com/user/sanghyunjeon/videos

That reminds me of your question, Guardian: What are your plans for the new year - when do you want to re-upload your clips? Especially in this Olympic year, I look very much forward to seeing the clips again.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived