4- Poland 13

5- Moldova 8

6- San Marino 0

CONMEBOL

Colombia 3 - 3 Chile

Venezuela 1 - 1 Paraguay

Ecuador 1 - 0 Uruguay

Colombia has qualified for 2014 World Cup

Qualified teams: Brazil, Japan, Australia, Iran, South Korea, Netherlands, Italy, United States, Costa Rica, Argentina, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Colombia

Got that Montenegrin monkey off of our back at the fourth time of trying (the only team England had played more than once and never beaten before last night).

They show a lot of tenacity but really are a nothing side with a game plan that involves nothing more than staying in their own half and hoping not to concede. As symbolic as it would've been for Montengro to have qualified for a major tournament so soon after being formed, England or Ukraine deserve to qualify from this group.

Next up our other bogey-team, Poland.

Qualified teams: Brazil, Japan, Australia, Iran, South Korea, Netherlands, Italy, United States, Costa Rica, Argentina, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Colombia

Same old; same old. I mean why do they go thru the whole expense and effort of qualifying games for TWO years when except for 3 or 4 teams, it's always all the same.

Same old; same old. I mean why do they go thru the whole expense and effort of qualifying games for TWO years when except for 3 or 4 teams, it's always all the same.

Can't you wait until all 32 are decided before saying that they're all the same? :P

It's just that always the same teams manage to qualify first.

I think, though, that we'll have few debutants this time: probably only Bosnia, but maybe Burkina Faso (won 3-2 first leg), and a big maybe for Ethiopia or Iceland. Jordan I think has 1% chance given their opponent.

CAF

play offs 1st leg

Ivory Coast 3 - 1 Senegal

Burkina Faso 3 - 2 Algeria

Burkina won with a absurd penalty. The ball hit the back of the Algerian player who was outside the area and the referee whistled about 15 seconds later. This reminded me of the France-Ireland game from the 2009 playoffs when the referee influenced France qualification. I will cheer for Algeria now.

Lithuania 0 - 1 Bosnia Herzegovina

Bosnia-Herzegovina the first rookie in the 2014 World Cup

Qualified teams: Brazil, Japan, Australia, Iran, South Korea, Netherlands, Italy, United States, Costa Rica, Argentina, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Colombia, Russia, Bosnia-Herzegovina

Archived