• Rio de Janeiro (2016)
    • Saint Louis (1904)
    • Seoul (1988)
    • Stockholm (1912)
    • Sydney (2000)
    • Tokyo (1964)
    • I have never visited a Summer Games host city

• 2 weeks later...

Two right. I haven't been to Athens, Beijing, St Louis, Mexico City, Rio and Montreal.

I gotta confess, I counted Moscow, though it was just a quick airport stopover.

Have you been to Rio??? Recently?

Have you been to Rio??? Recently?

Sorry, I read it wrong, I read you do have been. Forget it.

• 2 weeks later...
:) I visited Sydney, Melbourne, London, Paris (took the train from London as well), Barcelona - my favorite, and like mattygs a grotty layover at LAX so that counts! :lol:

I visited (in chronological order of my visits) Antwerp, Atlanta, Paris, London, Munich, Berlin and Amsterdam. So 7 out of 23. I was able to add Amsterdam to the list this year in June. And I really want to finally visit two of the most exciting European cities, Barcelona and Rome. And Rio interests me a lot, too.

But first, I'd like to visit London again next year (although certainly not during the Olympic Games, since I have no tickets and wouldn't get a hotel room anyway now ;)), for the first time after then 17 (!) years.

Out of the winter host cities, I only visited Garmisch-Partenkirchen (together with Munich, by the way). I dearly want to visit Vancouver one day. The other winter host cities don't appear overly touristically attractive to me -- but that's maybe also because I don't do winter sports myself and thus would probably get bored in a town like St. Moritz.

• 2 months later...

I live in Melbourne and have been to the MCG hundreds of times, have visited Sydney a few times and also been inside the Olympic Stadium there, I went to Beijing for the Olympics and I went to Rome in 2010 but I did not visit the Olympic Stadium.

I will be attending the games this year so will be able to add London to the list. Am also travelling through Europe for a few months after the Olympics so hopefully I will be able to visit a number of cities that have hosted the Summer Games.

I have kind of made a little pact with myself that I want to visit all Summer Olympic cities as well as the main stadium in each of those cities (well the stadiums that are still around).

I've visted Madrid and Barcelona 2 times each, i hope Madrid becomes olympic so ill have more cities in my list. If you count Mexico's airport, then i've been in Mexico. I wil be in Munich in november... Theres a swimming meet there. For the record, i was in Paris the day France got selected to host Euro 2016 ;)....

By the way i was in Guadalajara during the Pan Ams :lol:

I will be attending the games this year so will be able to add London to the list. Am also travelling through Europe for a few months after the Olympics so hopefully I will be able to visit a number of cities that have hosted the Summer Games.

are you going to the games? :o that's awesome :D

I've visited a few Olympic cities like Athens, Paris, London, Stockholm, Antwerp, Amsterdam, Berlin, Helsinki, Rome, Tokyo, Mexico City, Munich, Montreal, Los Angeles, Barcelona, Atlanta and Rio de Janeiro.

Winter Olympic cities: Oslo, Innsbruck, Nagano, Lillehammer and Torino.

For reals!? :o Great :D and why did you went to Nagano?

I've visted Madrid and Barcelona 2 times each, i hope Madrid becomes olympic so ill have more cities in my list. If you count Mexico's airport, then i've been in Mexico. I wil be in Munich in november... Theres a swimming meet there. For the record, i was in Paris the day France got selected to host Euro 2016 ;)....

By the way i was in Guadalajara during the Pan Ams :lol:

are you going to the games? :o that's awesome :D

I am going to to London to watch the Olympics. I cannot wait. Will you be going?

For reals!? :o Great :D and why did you went to Nagano?

I went to Nagano, because in 1998 I was living in Funabashi, near Tokyo as an exchange student.

In the other hand, among the 6 bidding cities, I've lived in Istanbul for a year (in 2005), in the same year I went to the Caucasus and visited Baku and Borjomi, the only two Caucasian bidding cities in the region. I've visited Rome and Madrid. Never been in Doha, but the closest I've been there was in Manama. Currently living in Guadalajara, the last Pan-Am city.

I went to Nagano, because in 1998 I was living in Funabashi, near Tokyo as an exchange student.

In the other hand, among the 6 bidding cities, I've lived in Istanbul for a year (in 2005), in the same year I went to the Caucasus and visited Baku and Borjomi, the only two Caucasian bidding cities in the region. I've visited Rome and Madrid. Never been in Doha, but the closest I've been there was in Manama. Currently living in Guadalajara, the last Pan-Am city.

Really in Guadalajara? I was in Guadalajara last year during the Pan Ams, good city! I went to a Chivas-Estudiantes at Estadio Jalisco... And some panamerican events. Also to Puerto Vallarta

I am going to to London to watch the Olympics. I cannot wait. Will you be going?

Enjoy! I can imagine that a great atmosphere will be at the games ;) Only if i quallify :P otherwise i wont :(

15/23 for me:

Amsterdam, Athens, Atlanta,Barcelona,Helsinki,London,Los Angeles,Melbourne,Montréal,Munich,Paris,Rome,Stockholm,Sydney,Tokyo

For OWG it's only 4/20: Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Calgary, Vancouver and Sarajevo.

Archived