Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gotosy

Lucerne 2020

Central Switzerland behind the Youth Olympic Games 2020

The Lucerne's candidacy for the Youth Olympic Games 2020 be more concrete.

Zentralschweiz stellt sich hinter Olympische Jugendspiele 2020

Die Kandidatur Luzerns für die Olympischen Jugendspiele 2020 wird konkreter. Nach dem Kanton Luzern unterstützen nun auch die Kantone Obwalden, Nidwalden, Schwyz und Uri sowie die Stadt Luzern als allfällige Host City das Kandidaturkomitee finanziell und ideell. Und zwei Jahre später könnten auch die «richtigen» Winterspiele in der Schweiz stattfinden.

Luzern. – Mit dieser Unterstützung habe das Projekt einen wichtigen Meilenstein geschafft und offiziellen Charakter erhalten, teilte die Geschäftsstelle Youth Olympic Games Lucerne 2020 am Dienstag mit. Die Finanzierung der Kandidatur mit einem Budget von 1,8 Mio. Franken sei nun zu einem massgeblichen Teil gesichert.

In einem zweiten Schritt wolle man bei den Zentralschweizer Unternehmen finanzielle Mittel beschaffen. Das Kandidaturkomitee rechnet mit einem Anlass mit rund 1000 Aktiven und 500 Offiziellen aus 80 Ländern sowie weiteren Gästen.

http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/politik/zentralschweiz-stellt-sich-hinter-olympische-jugendspiele-2020

Lucerne. - With this support, the project has managed a significant milestone and received official status, the office of Youth Olympic Games 2020 Lucerne announced on Tuesday. The financing of candidacy with a budget of 1.8 million francs had now secured a significant part.

In a second step would be constructed in the central Swiss company funds. The bid committee expects to rise to about 1,000 active and 500 officials from 80 countries and other guests.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.suedostschweiz.ch%2Fpolitik%2Fzentralschweiz-stellt-sich-hinter-olympische-jugendspiele-2020

need a more accurate translation please ;)

I guess that is back up in case they lose 2022? But would the IOC award three straight to Europe?

It's the YOGs. I wouldn't factor them in too much into calculations about races for the senior games. It was already unprecedented enough they awarded the first two consecutive summer YOGs to Asia (and the first two consective winter YOGs to Europe). It's hard enough correlating any direct influence between campaigns and results for SOGs and WOGs, much less trying to make a case for the YOGs having any influence.

So I guess this is the "central Swiss" bid that kernowboy was referring to. I thought it was a bit strange him saying they we3re invstigating a central Swiss bid seeing as St Moritz/Davis had already been annointed by the Swiss for their 2022 bid. Actually, if it does have any effect on the "real" WOG campaigns, it could be a handicap for Davos - it's never good to enter a race when you've already put your hand up to bid for another Olympic hosting.

It's the YOGs. I wouldn't factor them in too much into calculations about races for the senior games. It was already unprecedented enough they awarded the first two consecutive summer YOGs to Asia (and the first two consective winter YOGs to Europe). It's hard enough correlating any direct influence between campaigns and results for SOGs and WOGs, much less trying to make a case for the YOGs having any influence.

So I guess this is the "central Swiss" bid that kernowboy was referring to. I thought it was a bit strange him saying they we3re invstigating a central Swiss bid seeing as St Moritz/Davis had already been annointed by the Swiss for their 2022 bid. Actually, if it does have any effect on the "real" WOG campaigns, it could be a handicap for Davos - it's never good to enter a race when you've already put your hand up to bid for another Olympic hosting.

I actually meant third straight Winter Youth Olympics in the same area.