Canada Threatens Sri Lanka Boycott

Sir Rols

Boycott woe for Sri Lanka

INTERNATIONAL pressure over human rights violations is threatening to derail Sri Lanka's bid for the 2018 Commonwealth Games, with the Canadian Prime Minister the latest to threaten a boycott of the country.

The country, which only last month ended a 28-year state of emergency, is still reeling from a documentary reportedly showing human rights abuses during the civil war that ended in 2009.

The United Nations has found "credible evidence" of war crimes committed by Sri Lankan troops and human rights groups have now called for an investigation.

It prompted Canada, Australia and the UK to object to a decision to hold the 2013 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Sri Lanka and Prime Minister Stephen Harper this week said unless he saw progress in Sri Lanka in terms of human rights, he would not attend and would urge fellow leaders to also boycott the summit.

Despite the controversy Gold Coast bid boss Mark Stockwell said the international concern about Sri Lanka would have no impact on the Games host city decision as the CGA delegates were only interested in sports.

The Commonwealth Games Association will vote on the host city in November.

Gold Coast Bulletin

• 3 weeks later...

cold-terror-how-canada-nurtures-exports-terrorism-around-stewart-bell-paperback-cover-art.jpg

"Cold Terror will shock the conscience of a nation. In terrifying detail, it shows how the world’s terrorists have made themselves at home in Canada—and how they have been made welcome by cowardly politicians."

--David Frum, Resident Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and author of, with Richard Perle, An End to Evil: What’s Next in the War on Terror

Funding terror to destroy our country and people is not enough eh?

"Cold Terror will shock the conscience of a nation. In terrifying detail, it shows how the world’s terrorists have made themselves at home in Canada—and how they have been made welcome by cowardly politicians."

--David Frum, Resident Fellow at the American Enterprise Institute and author of, with Richard Perle, An End to Evil: What’s Next in the War on Terror

Funding terror to destroy our country and people is not enough eh?

DO NOT GET ME STARTED WHEN ONE PERSON ABUSES MY GREAT COUNTRY THEY WILL GET IT HARD?

ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND NOT TO SEE WHAT THE DOCUMENTARY KILLING FIELDS SHOWED?

I guess with all the money being spent on the military your country can't afford to spend on education, yet it wants the 2018 Games? Majority of the Commonwealth will not want a third world fishing village to host the games. Terrorism is outlawed in Canada you retard go read before you post crap like that here.

After doing a little research because I really haven't been following this race very much, Hambantota I now know is actually just a small fishing town. What the hell? Wouldn't Colombo be a better choice for a bid city?

As as for your comments on Canada supporting terrorism GSL, just because its in some fringe book doesn't make it true. Iv never heard anything more ridiculous in my life. Perhaps worry about your own messed up country which has no business even bidding for the games.

I would have gone with Colombo.

Make the bid running north to south. Propose a subway line from the north to the south of the city, running past most venues. Utilize existing venues in place, such as Sugathadasa Stadium for example. Build a purpose sports park. Expand the international airport, build more hotels etc.

DO NOT GET ME STARTED WHEN ONE PERSON ABUSES MY GREAT COUNTRY THEY WILL GET IT HARD?

ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND NOT TO SEE WHAT THE DOCUMENTARY KILLING FIELDS SHOWED?

I guess with all the money being spent on the military your country can't afford to spend on education, yet it wants the 2018 Games? Majority of the Commonwealth will not want a third world fishing village to host the games. Terrorism is outlawed in Canada you retard go read before you post crap like that here.

a simple google search will show your country s contribution in LTTE terrorism

you must be fucking ignorant not to see what the documentary 'Lies Agreed Upon' showed?

questions from reasonable people could be answered but questions from retards contaminated by false propaganda by LTTE terrorist rump cannot be convinced by any answer

I would have gone with Colombo.

Make the bid running north to south. Propose a subway line from the north to the south of the city, running past most venues. Utilize existing venues in place, such as Sugathadasa Stadium for example. Build a purpose sports park. Expand the international airport, build more hotels etc.

:D:)

a simple google search will show your country s contribution in LTTE terrorism

you must be fucking ignorant not to see what the documentary 'Lies Agreed Upon' showed?

questions from reasonable people could be answered but questions from retards contaminated by false propaganda by LTTE terrorist rump cannot be convinced by any answer

:D:)

Ignorant? That video is full of lies? I saw the other documentary as part of class for University why would Channel 4 lie? There is credible evidence you retarded sinhalese!

Calling me retarded? I find that funny considering you think Hambanwhatever a small third world village has a chance to win.

Go Gold Coast!

He's Sri Lankan - of course he's backing his nation's bid and sensitive to criticisms of his nation (aren't we all when it comes to our home hostings and hosts?). Like James and Abuja, they deserve to get cut a bit of slack, and he's far better behaved than the likes of Tulsa and Nature. I only get riled up with mischief making and nastiness for the sake of it (even if I sometimes succumb to that temptation myself).

Ignorant? That video is full of lies? I saw the other documentary as part of class for University why would Channel 4 lie? There is credible evidence you retarded sinhalese!

Calling me retarded? I find that funny considering you think Hambanwhatever a small third world village has a chance to win.

Go Gold Coast!

Wow

Maybe im new to this forums and don't realized the etiqutte on here

But WOW the horrible rude stuff you said to this person

The swear words, the way you spoke down to him

That is just horrible

I mean wow the way you picked on him

Ok maybe he believes in canada having terrorism (most countries have some sort of)

and the way you keep getting at hambentota.

No fishing villages allowed

and saying they have no chance!

I mean they have a chance i know it may be small and not a high chance but they have a point only about 7 countries have hosted it out of 71 countries!

i mean and australia twice in 12 years, i live near gold coast and even i think its ridiculous.

Oh and some of the racist remarks about his country not having education and spending all on military, thats just rude.

Get over yourself and stop being rude.

Im going for gold coast aswell, but difference is nice.

Archived