12.02. V'istanbul Via Videos

Vista'nbul Via Videos

This topic is dedicated for the spectacular, finest, best and selected videos about the City. It is not to meant that all videos found on video websites will be published here. It's all about to share the best amateurish videos made with an professional intention and ofcourse the professional videos. I will try to do my best to write down a little narration about the video and if it's possible to give you the respectively important minutes where the interesting views are located in the video itself. I hope it will give us a colourfull visit to the Imperial city of Constantinople; videos wherby the city is told by book-writers, artiest, ingenieers, teachers etc .. so not only mucic videos or videos totally made up by photos. At this topic you will enjoy every range/sort of video .. the variation will bring freshness to you .. Stay tuned ;)

The first video is made by a friend who live in Minnesota in the USA. He is also a member like me on the wowturkey.com forums. All the pictures used in the videos or from wowturkey.com. We also worked toghether on other videos, but I will share them later on.

note: I will promise for interesting freshnes (oriental flavour and modern sauces)

soon more richness will come

fatih

The next video is a very sexy video-mucis clip from our one and only Eurovision 2003 Winner 'Sertab Erener'. She is one of the few international artists that we have. "Here I am" is a song wrote just for the next album after Eurovision victorY. Its about the Ottoman atmophere that you can smell whole over the video.

1 - You see a White Horse = symbolising Ottoman pureness and power

2 - You have 2 old-field-wrestlers who are oiling themselves = they are symbolising the ottoman sport and victory

3 - You have the courtisanes who are fighting in the Harem for the best preserved place next to the sultan = symbolysing mystical erotism

Sertab Erener - Here i am / (just replace 'Here I am' into 'Istanbul')

Something calling from deep inside me,

A voice I knew but I could not hear.

For so long I have tried to hide me,

Couldn't see that you were so near.

You know me,

You show me,

Everything that I really am and,

You see me,

you gave me strength enough to say.

Here I am (is - tan - bul)

Ready for your love

I'll never run away

I have made my connection,

Seen my reflection in you.

So here I am (is - tan - bul)

Living under a lonely shadow,

I have seen from the other side.

Hope will shine from a single candle,

Leaving all of the pain behind.

It's our way, A new day,

Living in the here and now and,

Believing, I'm feeling strong enough to say.

Ready for your love

I'll never run away

Seen my reflection in you.

So here I am. (is - tan - bul)

Never leave me,

You complete me.

I finally know who I love,

I love you

I love you

Here I am, (Calling from deep inside me,

reaching out for my hand)

Here I am, (is - tan - bul)

(Coming from deep inside me,

knowing that who I am)

Ready for you love

I'll never run away

Seen my reflection in you,

Finally here I am.

(Calling from deep inside me,

reaching out for my hand)

Here I am, (Coming from deep inside me,

knowing that who I am)

I am.

I have made my connection, Seen my reflection in you,

So is - tan - bul

Video 1 : Glorius, Imperial, Spectacular

Video 2 : Here I am Istanbul

Video 3 : 150.000 photos from the Bosphorus-Crossings in 9 minutes // wonderfull animated - worth to see ;)

Music from MERCAN DEDE .. with the NEY istrument sound on the background. At this video you can witness the fact that the Bosphorus-Crossing of the citizens has a prominent place in their daily life. Their are 2 cities in the world using every sort of water transport (speed-water-busses + old nostalgic ferries) .. Istanbul and Hong Kong (so far I know).

MINUTE 3.50 = clear view of the Historicle Penunsula (looked from the Asian side)

MINUTE 4.15 = Now view to Historical Penunsula from the Maiden Tower (also Asian side)

MINUTE 7.30 = Speeded-up view and directly behind it in slow-motion.

Enjoy this misticle journey and Bosphorus-Crossings in front of the Historcile Backdrop.

Just wonderufull. B)

The best and the most selected videos about the city were made for the "lstanbul 2010 European Culture Capital" Project.

* In the first video you have a bright sight over the Byzantine Church 'Hagia Sophia' now with 4 minarettes an international Museum. 'Sultan Ahmet' the elegant and charmant mosque of 'Architect Sinan'.

* Secondly you will get to see how the Bosphorus is a part of daily life (in every field of movement and desire) for the citizens of Istanbul. (do we have to say istanbulians/istanbulers or Istanbuliots).

* Last but not least towards the end of the video you will see MASHATTAN .. a district where modern Istanbul rises. Normally the quarter is called MASLAK but we Turks have made a mix between Maslak & Manhattan .. so it became Mashattan .. ;)

lstnabul 2010 Cultural Capital of Europe °° Video 4 °°

note: there are a few other videos made for the project. This is a teaser for the other ones.

I like the music in the first video - the lastvideo has the best footage in my point of you (remembers me a lot at the "postcards" at the Istanbul ESC in 2004 - but the postcards were more vibrant)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CuKvVe_tLU

Its a pitty the video of the Sertab Ereners song doesn't work in Germany due a missing contract between youtube and the music industry in Germany

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Blacksheep °° Video 6 - Bosphorus°°

'>

Pleasant | Joyfull | Cinescoptic | like 'live 360° | Professional

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the Love of the Games

For the Love of the Sultans

For the Love of Constantinopolis

For the Love of Istanbul

The conquest to conquer this immortal city in eternity ..

The conquest to conquer this iconic city with the olympics ..

.. 29.05.1453 .. >> ...07.09.2013 ..

+ video includes english subtitle .. this video is a must to see .. to understand this city's ambition for her "bicontinental games" olympic dream

• 4 months later...

ISTANBLUE

KISSTANBUL

this is a commercial of Turkish vodka brand, it focuses on night life in Istanbul and there are some inserts on video which are the names of the towns in Istanbul and they put the names in the right place when the definiton passes with the impersonations biggrin.gif you won't probably get it but it is fun

Chronological describing of the definitions/impersonations in the 'new istanblue vodka advert video'

* 0.11 ~ KIZ KULESI ==>> Maiden Tower (also featured in the new istanbul 2020 logo)

* 0.24 ~ KAPALI CARSI ==> Overroofed (closed) Bazaar (the ancient roofed market a bigg innercity in the city itself)

* 0.36 ~ TÜNEL ==> The Tunnel : first ever underground-tram less than 1 km (1rst subway on the european continent build by the ottomanian time, before London back than)

* 0.55 ~ HAREM ==> Symbolising erotic scene : name of a quarter at the asian side of the city where al the bus connections are made with whole the asian side.

* 1.15 ~ AVCILAR ==> Litteral Translation "The Hunters" : name of a sub-municipality on the european side of the city

* 1.22 ~ BEBEK ==> Litteral Translation "Sexy Baby" Name of one of the elite and luxurious quarter (european side) on the shore of the bosphorus ..

* 1.47 ~ SULTAN + AHMET ==> sultan (girls' name) + ahmet (boys' name)

.....................................................Sultanahmet = name of the quarter on the Historical Penunsula where the Blue Mosque & Hagia Sofia are located ..

* 1.59 ~ HALKALI ==> name of a quarter on european side close to olympic village/parc : Littleral Translation .. means "Connected Rings"

* 2.05 ~ KURU CESME ==> name of old quarter on european side : Litteral Translation .. means "Dry Fountain"

* 2.11 ~ TAKSIM ==> 1RST important square of the city on european side (also the political heart of the citizens) Litteral Translation .. means "Share"

* 2.21 ~ BOGAZ ==> is the Turkish naming of the Bosphorus, translated as "STREET" ..

* 2.30 ~ HORHOR ==> name quarter on european side ..

* 2.49 ~ GÜNGÖREN ==> name sub-municipality on european side : Litteral Translation .. means "Daylightseeing"

* 2.55 ~ ISTANBLUE, SEHRIN TA KENDISI ==>>> Final Slogan video : Litteral Translation ==>> "Istanblue, is the core of the city itself.."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived