Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

RWC 2011 NEW ZEALAND - Results thread!

:unsure: Quade down...Ouch, I felt that from here, he blew out his knee ACL ligament...Bummer - he was having a good game - off he goes, Sad ending. :(

Aus 7 - Wales 3.

LOL, Okay, I don't really wanna laugh at his misfortune, I suppose, but I'm not watching the match, and I saw you'd just posted something after me. I was gonna post something like "I hope Quade breaks his leg" then I read your post. Spooky! I might have to channel my energies for the final!

:mellow: Crowd's bored...Mexican Wave time. <_<

<_< Rols...That had better not be you in your signature picture! <_<

...remember Quade's on of you Rols...

:huh: Anyway, Half Time...frrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrp! :blink:

:mellow: Aaaaaaaaaand away we go again....yawn.

Yet another miss at a goal for Wales...and they wondered why? <_<

:) Try!!!!!! Wales! Shane Williams.

Wales 8 - Aus 7

Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaappy goal kicking!!!! Australia will still win this, and this time it will be Wales' fault!

....And penalty Australia...back in front 10 - 8.

...And yet another...now 13 - 8.

...By the way they just explained the reason for this game!...The looser ends up in this years champion's Pool in the next RWC! The bronze winner gets an easy pool.

:D Barnes!!! drop kick! Australia SHUTS THE DOOR!! 16 - 8...THE EDEN PARK HOODOO COMING TO AN END.

:huh: Wales closes the gap but Australia lead 16 - 11. - pushing the door open again?

:lol: It's over with five minutes to go - Australia try!

The Eden Park hoodoo is over...sort of, still haven't beaten NZ on the ground.

Cliff hanger try to Wales - kicking let them down.

Aus 21 - Wales 18.

Well done Australia - and Wales.

Now you both can go home with pride. :D

Fantastic consolation try for Wales. I think my sympathy was with them through this.

Still, the Eden curse sorta broken. Wopp-dee-doo.

So we'll draw the pool with the runner up from the final, eh?

^_^

A good game. I am going to miss this world cup, it ha been really good the past 6 weeks, having the cup atmosphere around, obviously after the pool games and the Auckland centred last 2 weeks the fun for me decreased but, it will be a strange feeling come Monday when everything goes back to normal.

:) Australia's future is very secure...A young team blooded here in NZ. Will probibly be the favorites to win outright in 2015...and I'm not kidding either! :huh:

A good game. I am going to miss this world cup, it ha been really good the past 6 weeks, having the cup atmosphere around, obviously after the pool games and the Auckland centred last 2 weeks the fun for me decreased but, it will be a strange feeling come Monday when everything goes back to normal.

:angry: Yeah I know...friggin Election time!!!!

Im still not sure about that, Im glad they won tonight, I was starting to get abit sick of the Welsh behaviour post French loss - but the Aussies aren't as young as we are being lead to believe.

I think I mentioned it before, but an average age of 26 compared to the Blacks having an average of 27. Not a hell of alot of difference.

Still not entirely sure the losses that the Aussie public were being asked to endure over the past 4 years have really been worth it?

Will be interesting to see how they go over the next few years, also will be interesting to see if any NRL clubs feel like swooping on anyone? Still haven't made up my mind on Quade Cooper, is he destined (play wise) to be the Carlos Spencer of Australia?

They are still up in the air for me, I'll still keep paying attention as long as David Pocock takes his gear off every once and a while. :D

Although i am not entitled to vote here, i am still following the election closely as i am interested in politics plus as a taxpayer and working in the public sector, the decisions that the politicians make will effect me in some way.

Well, both our past WC wins were in the UK, so ...

Yeah, gotta say, I really enjoyed this World Cup best of all of them. I guess it helps having it in our time zone. Gonna miss it too.

Although i am not entitled to vote here, i am still following the election closely as i am interested in politics plus as a taxpayer and working in the public sector, the decisions that the politicians make will effect me in some way.

<_< Oh yes...the favoured Party has got your job set right in their cross-hairs Scotguy. And I can say that 'caus I'm a private sector taxpayer AND hate paying tax for stuff I don't use!

Well, both our past WC wins were in the UK, so ...

Yeah, gotta say, I really enjoyed this World Cup best of all of them. I guess it helps having it in our time zone. Gonna miss it too.

<_< Only because you didn't have to pay for it!! :D

I see the French have come out saying they will be targeting Richie McCaw's food and that the AB's would be a mess if his leadership wasn't on the field, hinting a forward or two might be up to standing on the most talked about foot in New Zealand.

Good one France.

Hmmm, I really wouldn't be surprised if the French win this thing. Of course, there is no logic in that, analysing the teams, they shouldn't win. But who knows.

:mellow: Thats right...There is no logic to why France can suddenly turn a potential defeat for themselves into sudden despair to the team they are playing.

Thats the warning.

:lol: Away we go in the FINAL of Finals!!! :lol:

:unsure: France are playing good.

The French are sure starting better than the Aussies did last week.

Very even...France are putting NZ onto defence...good playing.

What means "not releasing ball"?

WOW - what a try!!!!

On the board at last!

Piri's having a bad kicking game though, Dan would've got that over.

Perfect set piece.

The floodgates open!

Not quite... <_<

:( Piri still can't get them over...Time to swap with Aaron me thinks?