RWC 2011 NEW ZEALAND - Results thread!

I kindly ask that our friends in New Zealand or from countries, in which the RWC 2011 is more shown than in Germany, to post the results of the matches here in this thread - it is really hard to follow the RWC 2011 in Germany and I would appreciate to find the results and the standings in the different groups here in this thread.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argentina and Wales must feel the same after those matches. Really, neither desvered to lose, though a gap in class in the end told in both matches.

Exactly, if Wales had been a better team they would have went 4/5 instead of 3/5, not in a literal sense but metaphorically for a change in play and taking advantage of a very surprising opportunity.

Tonga 20 - 25 Canada

I can't believe it, its more then I could have hoped for. Now with a win against Japan, Canada will be in England 4 years from now, or we could hope that the Kiwi's have their traditional choke against use instead of a big gun. :P

Tonga 20 - 25 Canada

I can't believe it, its more then I could have hoped for. Now with a win against Japan, Canada will be in England 4 years from now, or we could hope that the Kiwi's have their traditional choke against use instead of a big gun. :P

:D :D

Although Tonga rested 11 players its still a win.

All Blacks 83 v Cherry Blossoms 7... <_<

Yes the gulf between the First Tier and Third Tier teams is still obvious but improving.

Japan's highlight was OnoZawa's intercept try...Awesome use of a rare All Black mistake! :D

I recognised that a team, who was able to make a "try" receives points - but I haven't found out yet, when it is a try and when it is not a try...

The simplest definition of a try is when the player with the ball is able to make it have contact with the ground on the other side of the try line and within in the in-goal area. It would be ruled a no-try if it was only achieved by breaking one of the rules of the game - the player might have got the ball from a forward pass, for example - or, he gets held up from grounding the ball by opponents, or drops the ball, rather than being in control and contact with it as it touches the ground.

The simplest definition of a try is when the player with the ball is able to make it have contact with the ground on the other side of the try line and within in the in-goal area. It would be ruled a no-try if it was only achieved by breaking one of the rules of the game - the player might have got the ball from a forward pass, for example - or, he gets held up from grounding the ball by opponents, or drops the ball, rather than being in control and contact with it as it touches the ground.

... mhh - maybe I understood something totally wrong - are the "in-goal areas" the two areas on each end of the field? The right area "belongs" to the team which plays from the right to the left and the left area "belongs" to the team which plays from the left to the right. The "right team" has to get the ball into the "in-goal-area" of the "left team" and the other way round...

I got the impression that a "try" can happen anywhere on the field - since I saw an attack of a team (I think it was Japan in their first match) and I thought Japan didn't reach the areas at the end of the field and the team got suddenly points...

... mhh - maybe I understood something totally wrong - are the "in-goal areas" the two areas on each end of the field? The right area "belongs" to the team which plays from the right to the left and the left area "belongs" to the team which plays from the left to the right. The "right team" has to get the ball into the "in-goal-area" of the "left team" and the other way round...

Yep! That's right.

Anyway,

Argentina 43: Romania 8

Viva Argentina!

:blink: Halftime Aus v Ire...6 all!

A titanic struggle at Eden Park...But I think the Aussie's strength will start to come through, Ireland has come out far too strong to maintain it's momentum me thinks...Also the goal kicking from both sides is utter shyte!

Archived