Rio de Janeiro 2016 Ceremonies

I keep my post...

Golan have a big problem with Brazil...

Always stupid posts about our country...

I never got why he is so happy to bash Brazil everytime...

Go find a job....

I don't have a problem with Brazil, it's not a country that I want to visit (except maybe Recife), but I don 't have a problem with it. My first post was a joke, you reacted badly and I responded, that's it.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with Brazil, it's not a country that I want to visit (except maybe Recife), but I don 't have a problem with it. My first post was a joke, you reacted badly and I responded, that's it.

You are always joking badly about Brazil, unfortunatelly.

Bad jokes, bad responses... That is it.

And yes, reading the last 3 pages and your historic about Rio 2016 we see that you joke a lot about Brazil... It seems you only know jokes bashing Brazil...

Change your behaviour and you'll make thousands of Brazilian friends, indded, to host you if you really come down here.

Really depends on the structure of the ceremonies I guess.

Jack Morton Worldwide did a great job producing Athens 2004, of course the creative team was Greek.

I am guessing it will be the same with this maybe.

Never know though, Australians did a fantastic job with Canada, New Zealand and Qatar.

What I understand from this report (http://aroundtherings.com/articles/view.aspx?id=38411) is that the ceremonial consortium is formed by the italian company that produced Torino 2006 and a brazilian production team, the ones responsible for Rio's world famous NYE party. I'm sure brazilians will have a major role in the creative process.

Ric Birch is part of the consortium from what I read, although I did not understand exactly what his job will be.

That cauldron thing seems to get really tricky for Rio. In the end I think they might even come up with five cauldrons in five locations (possibly Maracana, Olympic Stadium, Olympic Park, somewhere in Deodoro and somewhere in Copacabana).

I'm not planning to attend the next olympics, I didn't go to london olympics, wich are less than 2 hours away by plane.

Just admit you don't like Brazil... And forget us...

So simple...

Ric Birch is part of the consortium from what I read, although I did not understand exactly what his job will be.

He will be Executive Producer, the same capacity he was with LA, Barcelona, Sydney and Torino. With Ballich and their Rio partners, Birch will oversee the whole project and bring his expertise and international connections so that it (at least the OC) will be a show w/ international appeal and perspective.

BTW, I love this inter-Lusophony debate going on here!! :lol: Maybe that should be the subject matter of the Opening Ceremony?!?

I'm hoping to go to Rio, God-willing. So will volleyball be played in Stadio Maracanao?

Leave him speaking alone Dannyel. He is a troll.

Already blocked...

I will not lose my time with jokes with Portugal, indeed, because there are lots of links between both countries, despites some idiots (mostly in Portugal)

Addition-Big blue geometric soccerball dome or sphere with only dark spots covered and motocross cyclists underneath and later golden globe statue surrounded with choir in white robes and dove puppet on top also tribute to bob marley with one love

Do not feed the trolls. Portugal needs attention. That's the only reason for this childish attack. It comes from a grumpy, jealous (probably unemployed) kind of person that Portugal is so full of now since the crisis officially put them on their knees. They're an economically (and somewhat culturally) irrelevant country since long time and need either to bully someone or cling to past glories - that's the country which bore Sebastianism.

And this is a linguist issue also. Brazil is the place in which our language flourished in such vibrant and diverse ways. And it's because of Brazil, not Portugal, that the portuguese language reached far away cultures and the former colonies of Portugal. We don't deny their influence, but we rebuilt the harsh colonial heritage that plagues the country to this day and turned it into something new and young. And we know that nice people form Portugal are proud and happy that we'll have an Olympics in our language for the first time.

Indeed. That's why it pains me much to read such things from the Brazilian brothers.

O Golan provoca muito, Filipe...

Ele é chato pra caralho...

No need to offend a country which bores so many people that trule love Brazil and see them as their close brothers. But hey, I understand it can get on your nerves.

Anyways, now that the true countdown for Rio has started I hope I can come to this sub-forum more often and check on what you guys are doing to welcome the world in four years time.

Sorry, it's "bears" not "bores" (Brazilians hardly bore anyone :P).

No need to offend a country which bores so many people that trule love Brazil and see them as their close brothers. But hey, I understand it can get on your nerves.

Anyways, now that the true countdown for Rio has started I hope I can come to this sub-forum more often and check on what you guys are doing to welcome the world in four years time.

Sorry, it's "bears" not "bores" (Brazilians hardly bore anyone :P).

I am myself a Portuguese descendant (all my surnames are Portuguese), but I'm tired of jokes and sarcasm coming from Portuguese in the Internet. It's not only Golan Trevize, Portuguese have been more boring than a bunch of Argentines talking about Maradona...

Golan is a troll, and yes, I'm proud of my not-that-perfect country and will defend it.

If Golan keep his idiotic and provocative behaviour, we will have tough discussions about how not-perfect Portugal also is...

Anyway, Filipe, you are a gentleman and makes me hopeful about trolling from "terrinha" against Brazil ends someday.

I am myself a Portuguese descendant (all my surnames are Portuguese), but I'm tired of jokes and sarcasm coming from Portuguese in the Internet. It's not only Golan Trevize, Portuguese have been more boring than a bunch of Argentines talking about Maradona...

Golan is a troll, and yes, I'm proud of my not-that-perfect country and will defend it.

If Golan keep his idiotic and provocative behaviour, we will have tough discussions about how not-perfect Portugal also is...

Anyway, Filipe, you are a gentleman and makes me hopeful about trolling from "terrinha" against Brazil ends someday.

Yeah, unfortunately I also see a lot of those quarrels in the internet. I can't understand the kicks some people get from provoking other people and offending their countries.

Well, what I can assure you is that, like in every country, there are good people and not-so-good people. And believe me, there are MANY Portuguese that love Brazil and Brazilians.

Yeah, unfortunately I also see a lot of those quarrels in the internet. I can't understand the kicks some people get from provoking other people and offending their countries.

Well, what I can assure you is that, like in every country, there are good people and not-so-good people. And believe me, there are MANY Portuguese that love Brazil and Brazilians.

I'm sure there is a lot of nice people in Portugal (and there are a lot of idiots in Brazil - A LOT!!!!!!!!!!),

There are 3 countries in Europe I really want to go, Portugal is among them. I think most Brazilians like Portugal.

Indeed, under our constitution, you have almost all same rights Brazilian-natives have. You guys only can not be President nor Vice-President and to ask Brazilian passports without naturalization...

No rock'n'rol during the ceremonies in Rio, please! I had enough of it last night lol

Just samba and bossa nova!

By the way, I hope the female performers in the ceremonies won't be too covered, like in the handover. I mean, c'mon, give me some half-naked people! This is Rio for god's sake, I want to see beauty everywhere! lol

Already blocked...

I will not lose my time with jokes with Portugal, indeed, because there are lots of links between both countries, despites some idiots (mostly in Portugal)

Sim, há de facto muitos laços importantes entre o Brasil e Portugal....mas sinceramente acho que há tantos idiotas desse lado como cá! :)

Archived