Infighting

Rob2012

The last few days have been fun:

Blatter is an impetuous child, sneers honorary FIFA vice-president

One of FIFA's former powerbrokers is the latest figure to pour scorn over the way the organisation is handled under Sepp Blatter's Presidency.

South Korea's Chung Mong-joon, a former FIFA vice-President, says in a memoir published in his homeland that Blatter runs FIFA like a dictator and should have far more transparency and credibility.

"The Executive Committee is meant to provide checks and balances when its President goes beyond his authority and mandate," writes the former President of the Korea Football Association.

"Blatter is trying to take away the power of the executive committee and thereby neutralise any efforts to check his power."

Just like Mohamed Bin Hammam, banned for life by FIFA over the bribery scandal, Chung uses the word "dictator" when describing Blatter's modus operandi.

"A lot of dictators on this planet have used similar methods," he writes.

Chung also refers to the infamous legal dispute involving rival firms MasterCard and Visa, which FIFA lost in 2007 and was ordered to pay $90 million (£56 million/€64 million) to the former.

"In a ruling full of contempt for FIFA," writes Chung, "the presiding judge mentioned the word 'lie' 13 times in reference to FIFA.

"Blatter shifted all the responsibility to Jérôme Valcke, then marketing director.

"Six months later, he not only reinstated Valcke, but also promoted him to general secretary.

"This only reinforced the suspicion that Blatter himself and Valcke were behind the whole thing."

http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/worldfootball/42-news/9599-blatter-is-an-impetuous-child-sneers-honorary-fifa-vice-president

Bin Hammam claims he is a victim of racism

Mohamed bin Hammam claims FIFA would not have convicted him of bribery and imposed a life ban from soccer if he were European, making strong accusations of discrimination in a letter to world soccer's governing body.

The Qatari former presidential election opponent of Sepp Blatter was judged in July to have arranged bribes for Caribbean voters earlier this year.

"Were I a European, or were the Caribbean part of Europe, neither Blatter nor Valcke will dare lay a finger on us," Bin Hammam wrote in a letter released Tuesday on his official website. "Were we Europeans, you would have never been given the opportunity to chair this ethics committee panel and slaughter people left and right, as you have done."

The FIFA panel that convicted bin Hammam was headed by Damaseb after ethics committee chairman Claudio Sulser stepped aside because he is Swiss like Blatter.

"Have you ever asked yourself why you have been given the task to chair this committee when the FIFA ethics committee has a capable, qualified Swiss chairman?" bin Hammam wrote to Damaseb. "And this despite my legitimate rejection towards your membership in this panel. The answer is simply because Valcke would never have dared to dictate upon him (Sulser) what he must do or not do, while you were merely tasked to stamp any decisions that he will dictate upon you."

Bin Hammam claimed that "nobody in this world will believe that Valcke and Blatter are qualified to fight any sort of corruption."

"If they are serious about fighting corruption, they should have the courage to volunteer themselves as the first subjects of such investigations on the allegations raised against them since years until today," he added.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/09/06/business-financial-impact-soc-fifa-bin-hammam_8660673.html

Jack Warner statement on Chuck Blazer - 31st August 2011

In response to Blazer's LIE

Having read with amazement Chuck Blazer’s claim that monies I paid him were in repayment of a personal loan, I have decided after much deliberation to set the record straight in regard to the payments in question.

The payment I made to Blazer of $250,000 was the last of three payments which together totalled $750,000. The earlier payments were for $295,000 and $205,000. These were absolutely not in repayment for any loan. I have never had occasion to borrow money from Blazer. These monies were paid from the Carribean Football Union’s account with funds received from FIFA. I do not know why Blazer is pretending otherwise.

I would like to add that Blazer was a trusted friend of mine. In 1990, against the advice of the late Werner Fricker, I appointed Chuck Blazer as General Secretary of CONCACAF. In 1996, this time against the pleas of Alan Rothenberg, I had him appointed to the FIFA Executive Commitee. In 2007, the FIFA leadership suggested all General Secretaries be removed from the FIFA Executive Committee yet I begged their indulgence and was successful in keeping “Chuckie” on as a member.

However, I began to become concerned with Blazer several years ago when I became aware of the large sums he was earning from commissions. He refused to respond fully to my questions in regard to them. As a result, since 2004 I have refused to sign any contract with his company Sportvertising, demanding that first he make a complete declaration of his earnings. Up to this point in time, neither he nor his company has any valid contract with CONCACAF.

His attitude significantly deteriorated when, after I had paid him the total of $750,000, I told him that I would not pay an additional $250,000 that he was requesting be forwarded to his private account - unless he provided me with a complete accounting of his CONCACAF earnings. Instead of providing this accounting, Blazer treacherously planned and coordinated an attack on myself and the CFU. Only when there is a full accounting at Concacaf will the whole truth come to light.

For the time being, I will say no more on this matter.

Regards

Jack Warner

http://richardmconway.posterous.com/jack-warner-statement-on-chuck-blazer-31st-au

Archived