2020 SOG Bid process might be fabricated

ke nako

The USOC and the Vegas group is clear example of the unolympic administration of the IOC. A fully capable party from the Vegas 2020 bid is denied the legal chance to bid. The NOC's should not have such a dominant role over the bids, but should serve as filters. The original instance of this fact at the moment can not be disclosed until further developments and investigation.

Comment, please.

The USOC and the Vegas group is clear example of the unolympic administration of the IOC. A fully capable party from the Vegas 2020 bid is denied the legal chance to bid. The NOC's should not have such a dominant role over the bids, but should serve as filters. The original instance of this fact at the moment can not be disclosed until further developments and investigation.

Comment, please.

What r u blabbling about again? :blink:

Fully capable? And how do you know that? Based on one letter and he couldn't go through the proper channels? That Milam guy wasn't even an officer of the City of Las Vegas. He was an independent real estate developer. If the other cities and towns can play by the rules--to give the process some semblance of order--then why couldn't this rogue Vegas? Like you, he was well-intentioned but didn't know how to go about it.

And actually, there have been solo, independent dreamers like him who managed to get their Olympic dreams off the ground. Ever heard of Alexander Cushing (Squaw Valley 1960)? Billy Payne (Atlanta 1996)? These were solo visionaries who dreamt alone, learned the ropes to play with the USOC...who then presented them to the IOC...and actually saw their dreams come true.

There are rules and procedures on how to go about this thing. The IOC has to deal with 205+ NOCs, so like any franchise system, there is a specific chain of command. They've been doing this for over a century now, I think they've pretty much got it down a science. Could you do better?

Comment, please.

The United States is different from other countries in the way it would fund an Olympics (specifically, less reliance on government). That's why the NOC's have to get involved. You can't have an independent group go straight to the IOC and present a bid unless they have the backing of their country and the city, neither of which they seemed to have here. Like baron said, there's a process involved here that IOC seems to think works. Yes, there's politics and occasionally some corruption involved, but allowing independent bidders in isn't going to help the process. If anything, it'll muck up the bidding. An Olympic Games is a massively expensive under-taking, and for someone to offer up a city or a country without their backing and support isn't going to fly. You say the NOC's should serve as filters? Absolutely they should, but if it's not part of their grand plans for Las Vegas to pursue an Olympics without their backing, then Las Vegas shouldn't be allowed to bid.

Comment, please.

Disagree, Vegas bid didnt had the USOC backing, that's why they weren't accepted. Otherwise (if Vegas will be in) they would be CAPABLE but they wouldnt win.

Disagree, Vegas bid didnt had the USOC backing, that's why they weren't accepted. Otherwise (if Vegas will be in) they would be CAPABLE but they wouldnt win.

Firstly I like to express my highest opinion of the GB forum members, even though I have not attended many forums, here everyone's attitude shines.

In answer to Baron Pierre- You have convinced me that you possess an insight into virtually all things olympic, something greatly to be desired. The 2020 USOC case applies not only for Mr Milan but the entire US, being deprived the opportunity to bid. Moscow olymoics bid was raised without the Russioan NOC.

In answer to Mr Quaker- One has to agree with all your points, especially about the public opinion. This is why the NOC has to exist still, as a filter.

In answer to Daewoo- a bit unclear,pardon me. OK, from what I gather you saying.

Archived